You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Alligators in Arkansas!

Gang,

I was crossing Arkansas the other day and in fairly heavy traffic a "road gator" suddenly appeared in front of the coach.  There was not much I could do because of the traffic and ended up running over it.  I did not think I took any damage, but now I am missing my rear mudflap.

The mud flap is 10 x 24 inches.  Has anyone replaced their mudflaps?  Mine are looking a little long in the tooth and I would like to replace all of them.  I have four...behind steer tires and behind tags.

A few have popped up online, but I would rather go a proven source.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I had a gator take out a flap also. Look carefully at the attachment point. Mine ripped the attachment bolts through the sheet metal of the coach.

I bought a generic flap at a chrome shop and cut it down to size

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

i have custom truck mudflaps on my lifted f350. i just buy standard sized truck mudflaps at any truck parts place and cut them down to size. nothing magical or special about truck flaps.

they are cheap.

now for the rest of the story. my f350 is lifted pretty high. and has big tires on it. i have had the truck since i ordered it new for 18 years. still in great shape. many years ago i was driving to work on the freeway and i got pulled over by an upset motorcycle policeman. i had no idea why. when i asked him he grunted and asked for my drivers license, registration and insurance. he went back and then came again writing me a ticket. i asked him for what and he said for not having mudflaps on my truck. for lifted trucks he said they throw rocks and i was required to have mud flaps. i had already had the truck for a number of years...

the fine was 300 bucks. but if i went and had mud flaps put on by a business (not me) within 2 weeks they would waive the fine. so i called around and there was a 4x4 shop that made custom mudflap frames etc. i went in the see them. i asked how much were they. (they did have to make the frames and cut the flaps to the right size and length). the 4x4 place smiled at me and said 300 bucks. the same as the fine. did i want them or not he asked?

they rubber flaps rip off and i have not replaced them since the last time.

i still remember the guy looking at me and smiling while he said 300 bucks....do i want them or not?

thats the rest of the story

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

https://www.75chromeshop.com/all-product...ith-studs/

and you can put these on them.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Was his cousin a motorcycle officer?

But since you're a stud you should put these:
https://www.pickupspecialties.com/Truck_...k_nuts.htm

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

You guys are funny! I was hoping for something a little more tasteful. Will order the right width and cut them down.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill, can you post what you find? I could use all 4 as well.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

www.Iowa80.com They have mud flaps and a lot of other Kewl stuff ................

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659

Some of these posts crack me up. So I'm in need a few mud flaps for 653 and I think "search before asking" and low and behold the first post i see is this one. Some things never change, like 653 needing some new flaps. Looks like the general consensus was to just cut some down.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO