You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

tag axel bearings

Have got to change the passenger tag bearings. had an inner oil seal replaced and during the process there was some contaminants left in the hub sump..also believe the bearing load was incorrectly set. The wheel and hub were getting really hot. The bearings are scored but don't see over heating...because it is apart for inspection i decided to change the bearings and races.. Sounds easy but locating the bearings was a task  Newell had one in stock to replace the large inner bearing and its race. The smaller outer bearing could not be purchased until we found it on Amazon...these are Timken bearings and in a couple of calls we were quoted a three - four month wait..little frustrating. my up coming visit to Newell this will be a point to discuss.

after four days we should be back on the road tomorrow, i hope. Huh

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

A lot of the folks here have gotten real good at tracking down parts over the internet and posting info here on the forum. My first choice is usually Newell because I am lazy and would generally rather pay the higher price than have to spend my time chasing down parts. That being said, sometimes the only way to find parts is to go on a quest. Especially in the case of some of us with older coaches with OEM stuff that is no longer being manufactured or stocked on the "self". If you get a chance, please post the Timken numbers so that others may have a bit of a leg up when they have to go parts chasing. Glad you were able to find them quickly on Amazon!

i just had the rear drive brakes done along with rotors and seals. i have had bearings done but dont remember which one.

my incredible bus mechanic always has had all part on hand to do everything except for airbags.

come to arizona and i will hook you up. he just looks at the ones he takes off and goes to his parts room.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

the main bearing is a Timken-H 212749 and the race is 212710.

the outer bearing is a Timken-HM 204049 and the race is 204010

the oil seal number i have is National Oil Seals 370025A

hope this helps

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

Thanx Ron!