You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bode pneumatic mid entrance door issues

I have been dealing with the mid-entry door not wanting to close. I had Newell replace the MAC valve and adjust it. It works for a while and then back to the original problem. In December '17 I was at Newell and had them look at the problem again. It was adjusted and worked for a while and recently it got to the point it would not close. I called Bode tech support and about the only things we have not tried is replacing the throttle valve and of course, opening things up looking for water or foreign matter in the lines. I talked to Newell again this afternoon and about the only thing they could possibly recommend was changing the throttle valve. 

I mentioned the no-rally rally in May and was curious if one of their experts could come down...that is being looked into on his end and I wanted to find out how many of us are suffering the same problems. He doesn't think they would approve a meet and greet unless there were enough of us. he did mention that if we had enough coaches with the same type problems he could possible bring parts, for sale of course, and try to solve some of our issues.

The tech at Bode is Keith Pulley. He was one of the original techs on our type doors. If he can't come to Foley and I still have the problem, I'm going to make a trip to Spartanburg and have them look at it. Being only about 500 miles away, it might be the best course of action.

if I could get a head count of those suffering the same issue, I will pass it to him and see what might happen.

I hope Im not overstepping my bounds

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

Ron,
If you could get a tech to come to the rally that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Tom & Ron Skeen have had problems with their doors.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Anyone out there who can lend some advice on the bode air door, mid entry. Will not close or stay closed.

James and Kathi Bagley
Pampa, Tx 
2003 Newell 642 45’

i have rebuilt the main air cylinder on mine as well as changed microswitches and valves on mine.

i will pm you my phone number and see if i can help

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Coach 1216, 2008 not mid door door entry but same problem. It will open but not close. We have the airtec not the Mac. We have to push the button help it close then push it again fast to get the door to fully close. Checked for moisture in water air/separator and it’s all good.

Mark & Lisa Smith (aka Smitty & Lucy) 
York, SC 
Coach #1216 2008

Switch the Airtech coils from one end to the other & see what it does. You can't leave it that way because whenever you put the transmission in gear the door will open.

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling

We replaced the solenoid, air valve and micro switch.  Now the door opens no problem however if you leave the door open for a short time period and go to close it, it closes 1/2 way stops then after a few seconds it then it builds up air and closes.  We have adjusted the close speed both ways and it still does the same thing. We also have checked for air leaks with soapy water and no leaks.  Also checked air leaks on generator and found none.  Any help would be appreciated.  Front door issues are no fun!!

I forgot to mention we did switch the air tech coils and will test the door opening when the coach is placed in drive to see if the door opens.

Mark & Lisa Smith (aka Smitty & Lucy) 
York, SC 
Coach #1216 2008

Did you adjust the needle valves?  Go in small increments if you do.  Top one is opening speed & bottom one is closing speed.  See page 3 detail 4 assuming you have that door.

If you adjust the needle valves as well as the airtec exhaust valves with no improvement, I would remove a pneumatic line at the bode actuator and see what pressure is there and repeat on the other line.  If the throttle valve is bad or clogged it would show up there, I think although a clog could also show up in the airtec valve.  You can take them apart somewhat to find debris.  Some call the Airtec valve a Mac valve or whatever but to me it's like calling every Jet ski a Ski Doo.  If airflow to your Airtec valve is low the Throttle Valve would be a suspect.  It does have an adjustment but if needed to be adjusted I would expect debris in it or down line.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf pneumatic plug door manual.pdf Size: 890.86 KB  Downloads: 24

Jim
2014 Newell Coach 1482 Mid Entry 45'8" Valid Slides and Valid Levelling