You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Black Hills Newell Gurus Rally Information Page

Chesters talk is on Silverleaf/VMSPC.

Tom you're starting to enjoy retirement a bit too much Smile

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

tonite we had our farewell potluck. a very nice evening with fantastic weather.

it will be a bit sad to bid goodbye to so many old and new friends in the morning.

thanks to all who came and made it such a fun time. (and for helping me fix things on my coach).

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, we want to thank you and Darlene for all of your hard work in pulling this rally together. After Todd and Clarke got the ball rolling, you pulled together the T-shirts, the mugs and glasses, the prize give-away's, the agenda for technical sessions and the pot luck dinners.

We have had a wonderful time and had the opportunity to meet for the first time, so many of the folks who post on this site regularly as well as reunite with old friends. This is a great group of people and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

I don't know how you managed to pull of two evenings of green skies and hail but that was fairly spectacular in itself. Fortunately, with the exception of a couple of cars, I am not aware of any damage. I had the opportunity to assist a couple of folks with their coaches and had help from others on several issues on mine. As this website's byline states, this was truly "Friends Helping Friends".

There is never enough time to spend getting to better know each other but this has been a great week with delicious food, and great camaraderie.

A special thanks to John and Vicki Clark and to Newell for their participation.

The quality that goes into Newells is why we own one, the friendship and care of the factory staff and management and Newell owners is the reason we stay with Newell.

Thanks to all of those who joined us, whether for a couple of days or the entire week. We look forward to seeing all of your again.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

As I have told others several times during the rally, this event exceeded my expectations by a mile. It was wonderful to reconnect with friends we have made at past rallies, and great to make new friends. Elaine and I feel very rich right now. As Michael said, the motto of our site is "Friends Helping Friends" and I know many had help with their coaches......I feel so blessed to have Richard Entrekin spend time on my coach, and that he noticed all 8 bolts on my drive shaft were loose.....he saved Elaine and I a lot of grief, and money, and we are eternally grateful to him, and especially to Rhonda who let's Richard help us all out! If only the gentleman on the FMCA site could have spent a few minutes watching our members helping each other, as well as other people who didn't own Newells. Thank you all for your support, and for making this our best mini rally ever.......time to start thinking about our next one.....maybe in the fall?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

OK hat happened to a get together in the Yuma, Parker or Quartzite areas?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Your all invited to my place in Florida this Winter

Clarke,
How is the ride now ? Smoother ? Great to have spent some time together as both Hedy and I really enjoyed the week together very much. Enjoy Canada and we hope to see you all soon..

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

(06-29-2013, 07:46 PM)lbrachfe Wrote:  Your all invited to my place in Florida this Winter

Clarke,
How is the ride now ? Smoother ? Great to have spent some time together as both Hedy and I really enjoyed the week together very much. Enjoy Canada and we hope to see you all soon..

Larry, the ride was much better.....smooth as silk. Great day of driving.....at the last minute we detoured off I-90 at mile marker 199, and went to see Devil's Tower....about a 75 mile detour through some of the prettiest country I have ever seen. Arrived in Sheridan, WY this afternoon around 4 pm without event. Had fun talking on the CB's all day.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

(06-29-2013, 06:18 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  OK hat happened to a get together in the Yuma, Parker or Quartzite areas?

Hey Steve....too late for the desert this year......gettin' real hot there from what I have seen on the news the last two days.

Also, I have two sealed beam front turn signals from Todd Flickema's coach....he installed LED's.....do you want them? If so I will hang on to them and deliver them to you when I'm back in town in November.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

darlene and i wanted to thank everyone for attending the rally. we had the time of our lives and enjoyed meeting everyone either for the first time or more.

we didnt get to say goodbye to everyone before we left on sat morning so a late goodbye to all of you.

tom and darlene

the picture kinda says it all....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(06-29-2013, 09:12 PM)whatsnewell Wrote:  
(06-29-2013, 06:18 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  OK hat happened to a get together in the Yuma, Parker or Quartzite areas?

Hey Steve....too late for the desert this year......gettin' real hot there from what I have seen on the news the last two days.

Also, I have two sealed beam front turn signals from Todd Flickema's coach....he installed LED's.....do you want them? If so I will hang on to them and deliver them to you when I'm back in town in November.

Clarke, I meant what happened to the get together that we talked about in the Yuma area LAST WINTER. There were many of us in the Yuma, Quartzsite and Parker areas then.

No, I don't want the Sealed Beams. I didn't see Relays up front so I am afraid those Sealed Beams may draw too much and could at least part of the problems associated with our older Turn Signal Switches.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch