You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dead batteries again

Can anyone give me some help troubleshooting my invertercharger?
My coach is in storage, plugged into 220, but my batteries keep going down?
I either have a charger problem or I have somehow shut off the charger?
Both coach and chassis batteries are down ?
I would think they should be electrically isolated systems.
Any suggestions appreciated
It’s a 2009.
New to me about6months ago, so I am still learning.

Guido,

Here are a couple of thoughts.....

1. There is a switch in the the dash area that should be labeled "Merge". It has three positions. The center position isolates the house batts from the engine batts.

2. If you can find your inverter controller....look for a CHG light. If my coach ever loses electric power....like when I turned off the battery switch in the battery compartment....the charger defaults to "OFF". My unit has a Charger button with ON/OFF label. Again, look to make sure your charge light is on. If not, press the Charger button.

You might have bad batteries and the inverter / charger may be faulting due to overheat etc. When were the batts last replaced? Do they have water in them? (if AGM then disregard water question).

Can you take picture of your inverter controller?

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill
Thanks for the reply
I turned the inverters off and the battery switch off and back on a couple of days ago.
Didn’t realize I had to go to control panel and turn back on after having switch in batt compartment off.
Hopefully that is all that was wrong.
Control panel shows the charger in float this morning after running all night.
Shows 7 amps on AC and 56 amps DC so I think it is charging.
However the Total Control Panel near the sink says “inverter disabled”
Those 2 messages seem contradicting to me.
Would the inverter automatically disable since shore power is available?
I will monitor it closely for a few days and see what happens.
Dennis

Dennis,

I am not familiar with the Total Control Panel, but that makes sense cause you are running on shore power, inverter is not needed. You could test by unplugging and see what it says.

Glad you are going!

ps. Did you find the merge switch? Although, I have had alternate advice, I always leave mine in center position.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama