You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Garmin Dezl 760LMT

I like my 760. I like the warnings of upcoming speed limit changes and upcoming curves. I concur that the built in antenna seems to be VERY effective.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

It is amazing how the speed limit on the gps changes about as close to the sign as possible. Of course if you go over the speed limit it turns red.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Speed limit changes are VERY close to actual location. I have found a number of cases where the posted speed limit is actually 5 mph different (sometimes lower but usually higher) than what Garmin thinks it is. Some of those, to be fair are fairly recent changes (such as the toll road going from 70 to 75 mph) but others have been incorrect for many years (Ranch Road 620 is shown as 60 and I know it has been 65 for at least 4 years and likely MUCH longer). Still, it is MUCH better than driving for miles and miles without seeing a sign and wondering what the heck the speed limit is. Actually that is one of the features I like the best about the Garmins. I wish that the Google Navigation software for Android had speed limit information.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

WOW! I am impressed that it picked up the signal even in a garage and 2' back from the windshield. I'm going to deep six my Rand-Mcnally and get a Garmin.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Coming home last night I set to the RV mode w big rig settings. I turned off the suggested route to take the shortcut over Beaver Bridge. I wasn't through the turn when I started getting big red warnings of over weight and height warnings. If you get thru all the warnings and the acceptance of the hazards and fall thru the bridge. You sure wont be able to say you weren't warned. (For those not familiar , Beaver bridge is a single lane, 10 ton, wooden suspension bridge spanning the White River. )

Jimmy

Bought mine yesterday on eBay. Does anyone want my Rand-McNally 7710?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

PM me the bottom line

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Utilized my 760 on the trip to Newell. I downloaded a route from my computer using Mapsource. This is the same process I have used with my previous Garmin for over 12 years. The trip started ok, but then became corrupted. I then let the gps pick my route and it took me how I intended to go. On the way home I let it route me and it did a good job. Tonight I spent several hours familiarizing myself with the trip planning feature. I think I've got it figured out. Sometimes its hard to teach an old dog a new trick. I still contend that the owners manual is the worse written owners manual I have ever encountered. The big screen is great. I have a beanbag holder & I just set it on the center of the dash. No problem with reception. Every time I get out and use it I like it more.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I cranked mine up here in the house, and it shows all of the streets here in San Carlos, Mexico.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Me & my new gps are becoming friends. I've finally figured out the trip planning. The lane assist feature is nice as it pictures the upcoming off ramp, with signage, and shows you what lanes to get into. The big screen is the difference of watching tv on a 13" compared to a 42" tv. Antenna has not lost its signal with it just sitting on the dashboard. Just started using traffic feature. No opinion on it yet.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531