You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Garmin Dezl 760LMT

Glad everyone is enjoying the 760LMT. I am using mine in my car with the bean bag mount although it does take up a lot of real estate on the dash.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Been using back-n-forth to OKC (250 miles each way) for a while in auto n RV mode adding stops along the way. Really like the traffic and Delay n route feature. The arrival times are right on. Started playing with the voice command n-route. No issues yet. Gets a A from me.

Jimmy

We think our 'Trucker' Garmin is so great (plus the low height clearance software added to it) that we hardly go for a walk without it! We have the Rand McNally data in hard copy but I saw this and wanted to pass it on for Apple users:

Rand McNally Launches Industry first RV Navigation Application for iPad
RV GPS turns an iPad into a fully functional GPS device for RVs

January 2013
http://www.randmcnally.com/images/press-...rst_rv.pdf

Can you explain the "low clearance software added".

Thanks
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Used my new Garmin Dezl from Mexico to Houston this week. It is located above my head next to the tire monitor and has no external antenna. Worked without a flaw. Easy to see without a shield and I love it. I will throw away my Rand-McNally which is not worth the cost of powder to blow it to hadies.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

http://www.lowclearances.com/?gclid=CKnp...QAodOlPu4Q

You can buy this software (see the discount coupon on the front page) for $15, download and put in your Garmin for the heights you need. The database is emailed to you and it has instructions how to load your GPS device. Best $15 we ever spent!

Our stacker trailer is happier with bridges higher than 13' 6' (it is 13' 4' high but we actually know someone who went under a bridge that was the correct height but no one mentioned that the highway repaved the road and made it an inch higher, making the bridge in effect, an inch lower....he left everything on top of his bus and some of the top of his bus on only one side of the bridge). We set the Garmin to only take us on routes where the bridges are two KNOWN inches higher than our stacker trailer.

KUDOS to Newell Gurus Forum who first mentioned this last year, I think from Clark and Elaine.

Is this different than the (Coach Height) Low Clearance warnings in the 760LMT that you setup in the exsisting profile page?

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/dezl_760_OM_EN.pdf

Jimmy

Yes, it is different.
My logic was that even though I set the profile to fit our coach and stacker trailer specs, I was still depending on Garmin's reports of what the bridges are. Yes, the data could be redundant (not a bad thing) but it could also be more accurate.

If memory serves me correctly there are three sources that all of the GPS tools use. We tried to be redundant and cross check as the new Alpine headset used one, the Garmin trucker used another, and the Rand McNally used the third. I also seem to recall the Garmin source was better...military based, more sats in the sky? I would have to check my data as I have slept since then. Smile

I don't remember which ones the low clearances used but I think they did some double checking?

Thanks! With your height one cannot be too carefull I suppose....

Jimmy

I have received caution alerts for sharp turns and steep down grades, but never for low clearances. I didn't load lowclearances.com into my 760 because I thought low clearances were already covered. I have set my profile. On my last trip I went under a 13' 6" trestle and my 760 did not alert. I'm now wondering if low clearances are covered in the 760 software. Has any one else received a low clearance alert with a 760?

PS Suzy's garmin, which has lowclearances.com loaded on it also did not alert either.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531