You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Garmin Dezl 760LMT

Steve it warned me at Beaver Bridge. If that counts. 11'6"

Jimmy

Garmin claims that in follow me mode, it will show the height of upcoming bridges. In destination mode, it will 'supposedly' route you around bridges lower than the height you set in the profile.

Note that software version 3.0 is now available for download. The most recent map update was 2013.40

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Jimmy,
Yea that counts. I just needed to know if any one had been alerted. Sounds like it works.

Michael,
I was in destination mode. Maybe I'll raise the height in the profile and see if that makes a difference. I'd like to get an alert for any bridge 13'10" and lower. I'll also do the latest update.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I did have the follow me..where I've been turned on at the time... I'll check verious setting on the way back Friday..

Jimmy

Jimmy,
For clarification: when you got the low clearance alert in "follow me" mode, were you operating as a truck or a rv with a profile?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

RV w 13'2" in profile. Although on my last trip. It just showed overweight. I have it set at 55k lbs. so more testing. It won't route you through low areas tho.

Jimmy

On my last trip, I routed the gps through a 3 block section in MS that I knew was not a truck route. It did let me route it prior to leaving on my trip. When I got close to the no truck section it tried to turn me onto a truck route. I ignored it. The road turned red with black Xs and kept a constant alert that I was not on a truck route. I did have the profile set as a rv.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

For any one who is interested in this GPS, Cabelas has it on sale for $299.99, reg $399.99. This is the truck model, not the rv model that was released later. This one does have a RV mode and it has performed very well for me. I purchased mine from Cabelas as they had a 90 day return policy. Shipping was quick & I was happy with the service.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search_ca...ar-52-4715

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I have had five or six GPS units, and as far as I am concerned, this is the best. You can mount it just about anywhere and it works great without an external antenna.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica