You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Outside Molding glue ot double side tape

(01-16-2013, 10:02 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  I've tried liquid nails on metal and was disapointed.
It is not hard to drill out the rivets to remove the molding. A common pop-rivet tool can be used to re-install. Less than $50.00 to buy one. If you know somebody who installs siding or gutters they probably have one. It is hard to tell from the pictures but it seems to me that something is distorted and should be straightened ...much easier to do if the molding is removed.
Mine came loose because the door dropped down onto an obstruction. This caused the bottom edge of the molding to be forced away from the door sheet aluminum .
Your solution may work ...A rivet would hold better than a screw which will probably "work' loose over time. That door endures a lot of vibration and flexing that may require a tighter "hold" than a self threading screw would provide.

That is good to know that you had rivets in your as well.
I will try this first since we are on teh road traveling , nothing to loose since there are about 5-6 rivets left in it!
What I did left the clemps over night but somhow meemory of thsi metal is there so bunced back.
Yes , what happen is I was pulling out out of the side and my wife was on teh other side , just got to close to the wooden post , dam thing bend both of my bays moding out ( just at teh corners ) still dont get it how that happen! welcome to tight fitts!

I have not pulled out teh insulation walls out of teh bays, looks like I can get to rest of teh rivets there! working with the bend having both of the out of bays , way better and you can do good work that way!

i actually noticed that bottom portion of the molding is about good 2,5" of good contact surface , more the better , so I put some glue there and clamped good will keep it for 2 days ! I have done it before and as long as is tight contact for good 48hrs I got very good fit , again , thsi might not work, bu worth it try!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Messages In This Thread
Outside Molding glue ot double side tape - by les korcala - 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM
RE: Outside Molding glue ot double side tape - by encantotom - 01-09-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: Outside Molding glue ot double side tape - by HoosierDaddy - 01-10-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: Outside Molding glue ot double side tape - by les korcala - 01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: Outside Molding glue ot double side tape - by smagown - 01-14-2013, 05:13 AM
RE: Outside Molding glue ot double side tape - by les korcala - 01-16-2013, 08:57 PM
RE: Outside Molding glue ot double side tape - by HoosierDaddy - 01-16-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Outside Molding glue ot double side tape - by les korcala - 01-17-2013, 02:45 PM
RE: Outside Molding glue ot double side tape - by les korcala - 02-24-2013, 07:20 PM