You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide seal replacement cart

just picked up the slide cart i had made.  it is very similar to the one newell has in their shop.  only a bit more useable for me.  

in the picture it is in its pushed together position.  meaning, the two ends pull apart and it is about 2 foot longer for use on a long slide.  

i had it made so it would push together so i can use it as a workbench as well.  it is super heavy and could hold up a small house....like a newell

a few things need to be done to it yet.  waiting for a few more long bolts, the crane jacks need to be rotated 180 degrees, and i need to put 3/4 inch plywood with carpet on top of the two platforms, and make a double 3/4" platform that goes in the middle to make it into a workbench...

the one newell has required the coach to be raised up so it will fit under the slide.  mine is lower so does not require that.  

it is pretty trick the way it works.  each platform can pivot so as to make sure it is flat on the bottom of the slide.  you can see the pivots at the top and on one side on the bottom.  

it will jack up enough to do raised floor slides as well as they are about 6-8" higher off the ground than flat floor slides.  

in november i will change out my slide seals and see how it works.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That is great Tom. Now you can create the McCloud Slide Seal Replacement Shop.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Very nice! makes me wish I had a slide......almost.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

That is the coolest thing ever! This will be worth another trip if/when my slide seals die... plus the side benefit is that we get to visit with your wife and family again! Good job Tom!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Tom, are you opening a factory? lol...

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

Tom,

Of course our 1984 has no slides, but I think with a few spare hours your could fabricate one and install with your new tooling?

Perhaps we should have you practice on Clarke's coach and do ours 2nd ?   Wink

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Super good job and fantastic welding.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Wow, very nice! That's a piece of equipment any "shop" would be proud of! It may also be good for attracting lots of company. Especially if they own a Newell with slides. ;-)

Life is what you make it.

i had to change the cart a little and just got it back from the machine shop yesterday.  today i put the 3/4 inch plywood on the two end sections.  i used self tapping flush mount screws so that they are flush just under the top.  

tomorrow i will attach the carpet on top.

will likely do the slide seal the week after thanksgiving.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

btw, the cart is in its storage position. it expands out another 3 feet to actually use.

tom