You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

side to side weights

my two slide coach with both on the drivers side always leans down on the drivers side when sitting 

the fuel tank is on the drivers side (batteries opposite it)
fridge on drivers side
pantry on drivers side
heavy dinette on drivers side
couch on drivers side
bed and nightstands with quartz tops on drivers side
water tank kinda straddled both sides
slides on drivers side
bathroom vanity on drivers side

sure seems like alot of weight is on that side.  i have never weighed side to side or each wheel.  

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Mine is nearly the same way, the only thing on the curb side is the kitchen, toilet and the smaller bedroom slide.  It would be interesting to see what the scales say.

Jack and Dianna Hunt
Coach #663
2003 - 45' triple slide

I have a two-pronged question:

1.) Being a neophyte here, I am curious about the Cargo Carrying Capacity (CCC) of the two sided rigs.

2.) What are the axle weights and side to side balance parameters for two (and maybe three) sided coaches?

I am not an engineer like many of the gurus, but as layman to much of the physics here, it seems like the Newells need:

A.) Adequate CCC, maybe two or three tons something like that.

B) Safe weight balance wheel to wheel.

Eric

i have weighed my rig but only by axle and it was ok. and well within the gvw. i was more aware of it today as we loaded up the coach and fridge and pantry to go on a long trip.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,

I think what I was imagining was if you were leaning, the forces while driving would be greater on the driver's side. And if there were an equipment failure, like a tire, wheel or front end component, would that be good to know?

Perhaps drivers could load almost all cargo or heavy material to the passenger side to offset the lean and try to achieve some side to side balance.

eric

There should be no lean when you are totally loaded, at ride height and on level ground.  If it leans, you need to adjust your ride height.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531