You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

No house charge on shore, yes on generator

Four software engineers are in a car when it runs out of gas and coasts to a stop at the side of the road. After trying in vain to get it to start, the driver suggests, "Let's all get out, wait 30 seconds, and get back in and see if it works."

2008 C-15/ZF12
Towing Jeep Gladiator (BluOx/AirForce)

JD,

I do think you may be interacting a bit too much right now. Yes, I'd let the coach do it's thing. That said, a couple notes for you:

1. If your coach is in a safe and vented area, you should be able to simply leave the AGS enabled and not worry.

2. Don't mess with the AGS settings. They're preset for you, and I'm assuming you're running the AGS batteries, therefore your AGS and Inverters are running the standard profile. The Invertors will cut out at 10.5v and not come back on until 11.5v. The AGS is default set to come on at 11v with a dwell time of 4 minutes. This means the Mate3 has to see that low voltage for 4 minutes before triggering the gen to start.

3. The AGS will also sense the need for "Climate", so IF it's warm, your A/C is on, and your power drops (or you lose power), the AGS will trigger the gen to start.

4. Have you RESET your HVAC system to get your A/C running? Newer coaches running Intrepid have this issue occassionally. HOWEVER, remember that IF YOUR MATE3 sees issues with power demand, it will LOAD SHUNT A/Cs as needed. I'm surprised if Newell didn't run this by you.

5. You said you have a "SurgeGard". If you got the high-end model, with Bluetooth, I'm sure you have full diagnostics that you can read. This would be VERY critical to find out if you've got a problem at the POST before looking at the coach.

Hopefully, if nothing else, you're getting a lot of notes and learn'n along the way!

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Steve

As for number four (A/C) in your last post. The rear A/C is not starting up yet. It is not a load sharing issue as I have shut the other three down and tried to start it both with the intrepid panel and the bypass switch in the celling, aqua hot not running. I have also reset the HVAC in the panel. Next step is to see if it is getting voltage it that is the case then it is likely the control panel, all per Newell tech.

I will be back at the coach this afternoon and test the voltage on the incoming line. I fear that the control panel is shot, as it was working fine last week in similar conditions.

JD

2023 Newell #1746
21 Bronco w/ Airforce One

JD and Kathy

Well an interesting day! Steve you are going to like this one.

I got back to the coach and all the A/C’s were down. Ok now that is an emergency in AZ this time a year. I called the after hours line and got a call back quickly. After a couple more calls it was determined that the relay in the A/C breaker box was burned up. I rewired and bypassed the relay which allows for limited inverter A/C. This is a known problem.

Presto, fired everything back up and all a/c’s are working.

Big thanks to Newell service team! Incredibly impressive! Thank you to all of you that responded to this post.

2023 Newell #1746
21 Bronco w/ Airforce One

JD and Kathy

(06-08-2023, 06:54 PM)1746 Wrote:  Well an interesting day!  Steve you are going to like this one.

I got back to the coach and all the A/C’s were down.  Ok now that is an emergency in AZ this time a year.  I called the after hours line and got a call back quickly.  After a couple more calls it was determined that the relay in the A/C breaker box was burned up.  I rewired and bypassed the relay which allows for limited inverter A/C.  This is a known problem.

Presto,  fired everything back up and all a/c’s are working.

Big thanks to Newell service team!  Incredibly impressive!  Thank you to all of you that responded to this post.

BOOM!  There ya go!!

Glad you got first-hand experience with the boyz at Newell...they ROCK indeed! And, since you've obviously got some hands-on skills...that's a fierce combo to your benefit; won't be the last you'll need it.

Now, let's just sit tight and "passively" monitor your energy system from this point.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

James,

I have a lot more info on this inverter problem. This is only relevant to newer coaches with twin MATE3 control panels, with the inverters basically running as parallel…yet only one power source. This is causing a fist-fight until one inverters gets knocked out.

Have worked with 2 others, just this morning, having the issue and my electronics engineer was able to FIX the problem.

OUTBACK has a part that can be added to allow ONE MATE3 to control BOTH inverters! You remove one of the MATE3 panels.

It’s a FIELD repair and is not difficult. Some settings must be changed on the MATE3 and that’s it.

You can reach out to me for more info.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA