You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bosch Wiper Motor

I believe I have the Bosch wiper motor on #525.  Has anyone replace the wiper arm shaft bushing/bearing in the gearbox?  

Thanks
Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I have cobbled and pressed a new bushing into the old housing.

On MY LIST is to sleeve the shaft and and needle bearings. Also drill and tap for a zerk.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yep that would take care of it for sure.  How hard is it to get the assembly out from under the dash?

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

If you remove the wiper arms and the covers, you then remove the hex bolt from the outside, and the large nut on the drive side of the assembly. There may be a circlip on the idler side. The front plate will now remove.

If yours is like mine, the slop is in the bushing in the front plate where the idler shaft rotates. I did not have slop in the motor driven side. I cleaned up the idler shaft as well as possible and pressed in a new oilite bushing. Sorry but I don’t remember the ID/OD of the bushing. My idler shaft was pretty corroded to the point where it’s diameter and surface was compromised.

That’s when I started thinking about how to install a real bearing instead of the bushing. I looked for a while but was unable to find a replacement front plate complete with idler shaft. That would be a much easier fix than making something.

All that being said, you asked how to remove the motor. Once the front plate is removed the motor is free to remove from the inside.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Thanks Richard, mine appears to have slop in the front plate.  It also has some rust streaks emanating from the shaft circumference.  We are going to be on a three day trip I will post some pictures next week when I get a chance.

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I have some good news and some so so news. I have found the front plate. It is Part number A422628001, available from American Bus Parts. It’s about 130.00 each, ouch.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard,
Thanks for the information.  I removed the front bearing plate as you indicated.  The idler shaft was worn along with the bushing area.  Happen to have a metric bushing that fit the shaft perfectly and reamed out the plate to fit the bushing's O.D. For an interim repair that should work.  For right now we are good to go.

Went to ebay looking for the Bosch idler assembly....happened to find another Bosch P/N that looks like it will work (3397000095)....best of all $30. A quick search came up with that number on several international suppliers.  When I get it I will compare it with the original.

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Update,
The Part number (3397000095) I picked up off ebay does not fit our wiper arms.....it has a smaller tapered spline than ours.  The footprint is exactly the same.

It was worth a shot.

Steve

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Update to my last update; I found a P/N 422628001 on Ebay....$39 plus shipping.  It is an International NOS part with the original box.  Inside the box is a sealed bag with a tag identifying it as P/N # 3397000095.  Ok now I am curious, the other part I Ebay'd was P/N # 3397000095.... it had a smaller taper or so I thought.  It matched identically to the International P/N 422628001.  So wait for it....both of them are installed on the coach and work perfectly:-)  When I actually torqued the wiper arm down on the tapered spline there is positive engagement of the splines.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Thanks for all the help with wiper question.

Tim & Lynn Williamson
1999 Newell #505