You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Using New Fuel Card

Super response, Rudy! Thanks a bunch!

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

You are most welcome

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

i have to say that TSD was about as clever as it gets. by signing us up as drivers in their fleet (which is essentially what they have done), they make their fleet look like it is huge, thus being able to negotiate the fuel discounts that the knights, swifts and other large fleets get. and along the way they make 10 percent on the savings we get. whoever came up with it at TSD should be getting a huge raise or bonus checks.....

so now they get better fuel discounts for their own fleet of trucks, make 10 percent of the savings off us, and have alot more purchasing power in general. all on the up and up. very very clever and works out good for us.

and no one in the food chain has issue for it because it is good for everyone. i am assuming that is why they are soon likely to get better discount deals at the truck stops that are not giving as large of discounts now like flying j.

the rv crowd is huge and i am sure the other truck stop chains will soon give similar discounts as loves is now. i looked on the app to see what the prices were at the different truck stops in kingman az were. so why would i go to flying j with a 5 cent discount when a few miles away i could go to loves and get over 50 cents off per gallon. i suspect soon most of the major truck stops will give us the same discounts as they dont want the rv crowd only going to loves.

will be interesting to watch.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Signed up for ours today! Wish I had it yesterday when i filled up! :-(

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Used the fuel card today for the first time. We fueled at Pilot. The posted price was 305, and we paid 273 for fuel. The very best price for diesel I saw posted anywhere around my trip was 281 at a Circle K with only a car island. I think Loves may have been a little better pricing, but I needed fuel and Pilot was convenient.

To really calculate how much this is saving me, I look at the best prices I could find (credit) and compare to what is paid. We all know the Loves/Pilot/TA price is around .20/gal high. I still think this a a fantastic bargain if I get .10 to .15 /gal discount and I simply slide the card at the pump.

Rhonda loved that she did not have to go into the store, stand in line to preapprove the credit card, and wait till I finished.

We did something a little different to handle the finances. We set a sub account with our bank that is attached to our main account. We can instantaneously transfer funds into the account via internet, but the sub account has different routing and account numbers. We didn’t want our main account, with a decent amount of working cash, to be accessible to a somewhat unknown entity. For grins, the name on this account is Newell Fuel.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

128 gallons at Love's Tallulah, LA Saturday, $2.48/gal.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

It happened that we went to Arkansas to get our coach 10 days ago, and on our way home, stopped near Texarkana — where we met a fellow who had just signed up for this card at their office, and gave us all the info.  We headed right over and signed up and got our card — Gina and staff were super friendly and so nice.  We have used the card once now.....it was easy, and we were very glad to get the discount.  Boyce, LA Love’s — saved over $21 on 60 gallons. (.36 a gallon savings)  Looking forward to savings on down the road!  Seems like a win/win here....

And BTW, they have now over 6500 RV’ers signed up!  In 3 weeks, over 3000 had signed up!  Keeping that staff on the go!

Great program....

Pam

Pam and Ken Cameron
Diamondhead, MS

Full-timed prior in 45’ Travel Supreme Select
Looking to become more informed about and perhaps purchase a used Newell...
Now the new owners of Newell coach #566! 2000, 3 slides, 45’8” 

It happened that we went to Arkansas to get our coach 10 days ago, and on our way home, stopped near Texarkana — where we met a fellow who had just signed up for this card at their office, and gave us all the info.  We headed right over and signed up and got our card — Gina and staff were super friendly and so nice.  We have used the card once now.....it was easy, and we were very glad to get the discount.  Boyce, LA Love’s — saved over $21 on 60 gallons. (.36 a gallon savings)  Looking forward to savings on down the road!  Seems like a win/win here....

And BTW, they have now over 6500 RV’ers signed up!  In 3 weeks, over 3000 had signed up!  Keeping that staff on the go!

Great program....

Pam

Pam and Ken Cameron
Diamondhead, MS

Full-timed prior in 45’ Travel Supreme Select
Looking to become more informed about and perhaps purchase a used Newell...
Now the new owners of Newell coach #566! 2000, 3 slides, 45’8” 

i was excited when i saw the local pilot affiliate was discounting heavily for efs users. was just going to use them today. then i saw on the facebook page for tsd that this week pilot flying j has discontinued their discounts for the program. ughhhh i guess they figured out that a zillion new RV users were now using their discounts and the didnt like that.....just speculation.

hopefully loves will not do the same thing. my app is still showing the discount for the local pilot affiliate but evidently the discount will not apply.

tom

just reading on irv2 that good sam seems to have forced pilot to drop tsd

tom