You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is this, and what does it do?

"No two Newells alike" rings true again.    I just have one switch that makes contact when the room is extended.    Mystery remains: how does the system know when the room is retracted so the pins can lock?    To review, this all started because my pins recently failed to lock upon retraction. I don't have the magnets on top of the slide.    The hydraulic indicator panel by the pump/solenoids is shown on the attached photo - retracted but not locked position.

Thanks Russ!

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

Chuck,

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think you have two limit switches too.
Why, as you mention you need one for each direction of travel, but more importantly, in the pic you posted earlier in this thread I see four wires heading to the limit switch area. I think there are two switches wired in parallel. The controller knows which direction you are asking the room to move, and when either switch makes, the motion is arrested. At least, that is what I think is happening. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ, I appreciate what you're saying - have attached a different view proving it's just one switch.  They used a SPDT with only the N/O side wired, which makes it look more complex than it is.    But I agree there should be another switch somewhere.    There is nothing at the other end of the guide channel.

Chuck,

Could you get a picture of the back side of that switch? It still is a possibility it has a button on the side we cannot see in that pic. I am trying to help and just want to be sure we aren't missing something. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I've had it off - there's just the one button you see from this side. The back is blank.

Here is a pic of mine. The room is extended, so it’s a bit hard to see the switch under the bracket which is “made”. You can clearly see the micro switch that “makes” when the room is retracted and the frame moves in the other direction.

I don’t see any bracket on Chuck’s that looks like this. Chuck, my bed platform has some additional access panels in the centerline closer to the headboard. Have you looked under there for switches? It’s sort of hard to believe that HWH would not have a similar switch to tell the brain when the room is in. The question is where the heck did Newell install it?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

are you sure you didnt used to have magnets on top? mine uses the magnets that go under a sensor that is on the slide pin block.

if your magnets came off, the pins will not come down. mine have come off before. they are superglued on and are about the size of a dime right next to the hole the pins go in on top of the slide.

if they used to be there, there is usually some superglue residue in the shape of a dime or so there.

they are on both sides of the slide on the top

just grasping for straws.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Here's a picture of the other end of the guide channel, under the second hatch under the bed.    Nothing there.    I also went on the roof to quadruple check that there are no missing magnet artifacts.    The front salon slide still locks when retracted; the rear just stopped locking recently.    Maybe I can learn something by looking at how the salon is wired; might that microswitch be visible from the basement or through a floor hatch?

Thanks!

just so everyone can see the slide pin block with the sensor and the magnets on my slides.  

and yes, i have punched a hole in my slide in the past.     that is the hole you see filled with 3m5200

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I am stumped.

There is NO access from the basement to the bedroom slide on my coach. You are in the wheel well.

Having said that, look in the wheel well to see if there is an access panel. I am just thinking of all the places Newell could have put the switch. A call to Mark at Newell in the morning may provide some insight.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )