You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leak at splitter valve, pressure relief, quick release

A BIG Thank You to Richard for his advice! I could not find a mobile mechanic nearby so we called Coach-Net and they sent out a mobile mechanic to change the R12P Relay Valve and the PPV. He did not want to crawl under the coach with the air bags down and wants to go back to his shop and get jacks and cribbing to hold the coach up. Can’t really blame him there... the R12P valve must be sticky because we lifted the coach all the way up on the air bags and it held fine with no air leaks. It did eventually leak down but the valve was not spewing air. So he went to get some alcohol to dry out the system and when he put it in the valve started spewing air again. He does not want to replace just the guts of the R12P valve only the whole thing... said it was due to liability...
I’m thinking of punting and waiting until I return in two weeks to fix the issue with the R12P. The coach is fine sitting without brake/chassis air in it until then.
For the Supply side I am thinking I will use the Infinicon today to see what I hear.
I cannot find the instructions on the forum anywhere but will continue searching for them...
Another wasted day ...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Messages In This Thread