You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Travel Height problem.

Hey guys, I have a issue with might front right side height.  I parked at a campground in Yuma, level spot, and I noticed my front right side was very high. The left side and the rear was all at travel height. Does anyone have any idea what will cause this.  I can use my auto leveling system and it works fine. When I start the engine to air up, the right side front goes fully extended and the rest of the coach is fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks John  1998 Newell coach 472

1998 Newell  coach 472
John and Pat Hilditch

Check the left side travel solenoid with the ignition on, and in travel mode. Please place support under the coach before crawling under there.

Is it getting voltage? Place a screwdriver or washer on it, it should stick if the solenoid is energized.
If it is getting voltage the internal valving may be stuck or occluded.

There is only one height control for the front. It essentially averages the ride height in the front and feeds equal pressure to both front air bags. If the left front air bag was not getting air, the HCV will try to raise the coach, but air is only going to the right side.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard, I will give that a try. I called Newell and Mike said maybe that the Raise solenoid for the right side may be stuck in the open position.  He said to tap on it , but that didn't help. With the motor running the left side and right rear gets to normal height , the right side front goes all the way up.  If I just use the leveling system to raise the whole coach , same thing right front is high all the rest normal ride height.  I will check that travel valve , I have 2 new ones on hand. Thanks again.

1998 Newell  coach 472
John and Pat Hilditch

john,

i have had that happen twice. once in the pass rear and once in the front drivers. both times the raise solenoid for that position had ruptured the seal on the plunger. what happens is the air is continually going to the bag and the ride height valve will be continually trying to release air, but cant fast enough so the coach will raise up all the way in that position. i bet if you replace the valve, it will fix it. did for me twice.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

since the front six pack is under the front cap behind the headlights, you will need to crib up the coach before you attempt to change the valve.

tom

Thanks Tom, I will replace it and let you know what happens. That is what Mike at Newell also said. All other heights are fine Just front right goes all the way up. Thanks again.

1998 Newell  coach 472
John and Pat Hilditch

Hey guys, I replaced the right raise solenoid valve and it was bad, I put 12 volts to it and it did nothing., no clicking , coil was open. Thanks for all your help.

1998 Newell  coach 472
John and Pat Hilditch

you could have just changed the coil as well. keep the old valve. glad you got it fixed.

tom