You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Power loss across electrical bar In classic 1984

Ok another newbie question.  I have been continuing to trouble shoot my electrical problem and discovered I have power from shoreline into this electrical box in the electrical bay but there is no power on the opposite side of the bar to the bus.   I have checked screws and all are tight, also checked two side fuses (not sure there purpose) and they are new. Is there more to this box then I think or why might the power not be crossing it???

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mark and Melanie
1985 Newell 40’
#75 ? (still not confirmed)
First motor coach

mark,

this is your manual transfer switch.

those are electrical controlled contactors.

one of the cables (4 conductor) is coming in from shore, another from genny and the last goes to your main power panel.

so one of two things is happening.

1. the contactor is not closing on one of them making the power not come through. from a bad contactor
2. the switch you have up front in the coach to switch between shore and genny is not working from the switch to the box you show.

that is my two cents worth, i will email you my phone number you can call me and i can walk you through checking it

most of those contactors there is a way to manually push it closed.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

my comments are assuming that you have no power in the coach and that things are not working as they should

tom

Thanks Tom!!!  It is embarrassing to admit but it was the switch by drivers seat.  Just forgot about it so all I had to do was switch it to shore power and everything came on.

Mark and Melanie
1985 Newell 40’
#75 ? (still not confirmed)
First motor coach

the easiest fix is the best

tom