You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

head hunter pump builds no pressure

Thanks Bill I called HH yesterday but had to leave a message and haven't heard back I will probably have to email them.

ACR 502 1998 newell double slide 

HH called me today and ordered the fittings and check valve for about 45.00 plus freight can't wait to get it back together and test it.I will report the findings as they unfold.

I got the headhunter pump back in and primed and works great but the shut flow stilll won't turn off after demand so I changed that pump and it will shut off now . it still needs an accumulator to steady the pressure but running out of space. wheres a good place to mount it ?did this couch ever have one before?

ACR,

“You changed the pump?” Does this mean you put a new HH in? I don’t know for sure but have heard the HH only needs an accumulator if you have problems with tiny flows like the ice maker. Most coaches of our vintage did not have an accum. On my coach, there is a bay to the left of the water bay where the inverter is. I think that a small accumulator could fit there...but it might be a challenge to get it plumbed in.

The key issue with the HH is it is sensitive to any air in the downstream lines. They really have to be purged well. Open all the taps and let them run at full blast for several minutes.

Hope this helps.
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I don’t have a Headhunter, but a more common well pump. It works better with an accumulator. I installed a 3 gallon one in the AH bay. Pex into the cold water loop on that side. The pump does not care where the accumulator is in the system.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

THE HH IS THE SAME ONE THAT CAME WITH THE COACH ITS WORKING PERFECT NO SERG IT AND I TOOK IT OUT TO CLEAN AND DETAIL THAT BAY AND CHANGE THE PLASTIC FITTINGS THAT WERE CHEWED UP FROM A PIPE WRENCH AND CHANGE RUSTED BOLTS WITH STAINLESS . I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT IT HAD TO BE PRIMED WITH THE SINK AND SHOWER ON,THE FLO JET THAT SERGES WHEN IN USE . MY FORETRAVEL HAD ONE AND NO PROBLEM . I DID NOTICE SOMEONE HAD A ACCUMULATOR IN THE AH BAY I WASN'T SURE WHAT IT WAS FOR IT BEING ON THE OTHER SIDE. RICHARD WHERE DID YOU MAKE THE TIE IN AND WHAT DID YOU MOUNT THE TANK TO?

with a 98, then it did not have a headhunter mach 5, but the earlier jetpaq. the mach 5 behaves differently than the jetpaq.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I got the fittings and reinstalled the old HH back in and primed it as you said and it works perfect . the 12 volt pump wouldn't shut off after demand so I changed it out . I had a spare flow jet 4.5 gym for the Foretravel . After the install it did its job and shut off but surged as it ran. The HH didn't do the serge so I will be adding an accumulator to the system .

Sorry for the double message wasn't sure it posted the second was a little shorter Idea

Are you sure you have a Headhunter pump?

I tied the surge tank into the cold water inlet to the Aquahot.

The tank sits on a base, and I used some big zip ties to secure it to the water lines.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

positive about the headhunter mach5 , as I removed it I noticed some existing install holes in the floor that were siliconed closed.I will send pics Monday when I can. Also while I'm I that bay I would like to change the water filters and flush the fresh water tank like you spoke of in another post.What are the filter numbers and where are they all located? I know the main is in the water bay but can't see a number.