You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

air problems coach 1267

my small 120V compressors are running for 30 seconds about every 8 minutes.
I am trying to locate the leak or leaks.
My plan is to unhook the entry door, drivers seat, generator air bag system, slide door seal control cabinet, and cap off each of those systems air lines.
Hopefully that will lead me in the right direction.
I have already put the leveling system in manual, that didn't seem to help.
Don't think leak is in air bags or leveling controls.
air bags stay up with compressor off. Plus I had Newell service go thru air bag system last fall.
I have to find the control solenoid for the sliding doors, not sure where they are.
If that doesn't work then I plan to move under the coach and begin that fun search.
I am assuming there is a small storage tank dedicated to the 120V compressed air system?
Does anyone have any idea where it is located?
Am I missing any other systems served from the 120 system?
Dennis

Coach 1267, 2009 front entry

The control solenoid valves for the pocket doors will be close to the cylinder that opens and closes the door. Gaining access is going to be coach specific, but look up on either side of the cavity the door retreats into. Hopefully you will find the panel on one side is removable. Screws can be hidden in the carpet if the panel is carpeted.

Dont forget about slide seals, and their control sytems.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

In 712 2004 bathroom pocket door solenoid was in the top of the vanity had too remove a pannel over the top shelf, bedroom door solenoid was in kitchen over the convection oven, valves look like the ones that control your dump valves

John Kosir
712 2004  45-8

Dennis,

Sounds similar to my 2007 at one time.  In the photo you can see I had quite a leak.  This was located in the passenger side rear basement just before the engine compartment.    

Good luck,
Oscar

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Found My Leak !!
I knew the leak or leaks were most likely in the high pressure portion of the air system. So I decided to cap off the supply mains of as many systems as I could.
After that my run times between cycles immediately went from 8 minutes to 25 minutes. I found a couple swivel elbows leaking and replaced.
Things got a little better. Then I found the quarter turn valve on the supply header in the slide control cabinet was leaking out front and back.
Disassembled and replaced a couple of o rings. Again things got better with pressure holding for over an hour.
So I began reconnecting system one or two at a time eliminating them as I went.
Hooked up the 4 control bodies serving the slide seals and sprayed looking for leaks. When I inadvertently moved my hand past one of the controllers I noticed air movement !
The leak was coming out the vent of an air pressure regulator which is mounted on top of the control valve! 
Reconnected the supply lines to the remaining 3 controllers, capped off the supply line to the leaky regulator.
My time between compressor run times is almost 2 1/2 hrs!!!!!
Ordered new regulator from Valid, Super Fast Delivery!
Problem solved!
Hope this helps someone else.

Coach 1267, 2009 front entry

Thanks for posting what you went through to find your problem.....great troubleshooting!

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

(04-16-2020, 09:03 AM)Margie909 Wrote:  Found My Leak !!
I knew the leak or leaks were most likely in the high pressure portion of the air system. So I decided to cap off the supply mains of as many systems as I could.
After that my run times between cycles immediately went from 8 minutes to 25 minutes. I found a couple swivel elbows leaking and replaced.
Things got a little better. Then I found the quarter turn valve on the supply header in the slide control cabinet was leaking out front and back.
Disassembled and replaced a couple of o rings. Again things got better with pressure holding for over an hour.
So I began reconnecting system one or two at a time eliminating them as I went.
Hooked up the 4 control bodies serving the slide seals and sprayed looking for leaks. When I inadvertently moved my hand past one of the controllers I noticed air movement !
The leak was coming out the vent of an air pressure regulator which is mounted on top of the control valve! 
Reconnected the supply lines to the remaining 3 controllers, capped off the supply line to the leaky regulator.
My time between compressor run times is almost 2 1/2 hrs!!!!!
Ordered new regulator from Valid, Super Fast Delivery!
Problem solved!
Hope this helps someone else.