You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New LIPO Batteries

I am not endorsing nor am I condemning this particular manufacturer. I do think it is a well thought out calculated risk to try the batteries.

There are a handful of emerging companies that are producing Battleborn look alikes. It's just too lucrative of a market to think it wouldn't happen. First of all, just about all of the lithium battery production resides in China, especially the small cell variety that composes the internal makeup of the BBs and their knockoffs. Second, BMS production is also well known and common. After all every lithium battery device (phone) has one. BB was clever in marrying the internal BMS, to individual cell construction, to a common form factor battery case, to advertising it as 12V drop in. They appealed to anti Chinese distrust by saying it is assembled in the USA (from Chinese components).

As the American market becomes more familiar with the technology and as the price continues to move downward, more competitors will come on board. I see the Lithium market moving in two distinct and different paths. The 12V drop in will drop in price, and the second market which is the high voltage custom pack used if you want to run the AirCons off grid will continue to be astronomical in price.

About nine years ago, Forest took a similar risk in sourcing Lithium battery packs directly from China. The distributor he bought them from went under, but the batteries are still being made today by the original manufacturer. Nine years later, I am still happily using those batteries. Although they are not maintenance free as advertised. I just finished the first maintenance after installing them in our coach six years ago. I removed all the connections, cleaned them, and applied antioxidation grease. Hopefully they will be good for another six years.

Just my .02 on a rainy covid 19 shut in kind of morning.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
New LIPO Batteries - by Latitude 28 - 04-22-2020, 12:08 PM
RE: New LIPO Batteries - by encantotom - 04-22-2020, 02:39 PM
RE: New LIPO Batteries - by bikestuff - 04-22-2020, 04:05 PM
RE: New LIPO Batteries - by Latitude 28 - 04-22-2020, 07:31 PM
RE: New LIPO Batteries - by Tony Van Helden - 04-23-2020, 01:13 PM
RE: New LIPO Batteries - by Latitude 28 - 04-23-2020, 05:43 PM
RE: New LIPO Batteries - by bikestuff - 04-23-2020, 05:58 PM