You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Warranty on a used Newell??

The p.o. had a warranty policy with GS at like 4400 per year. I decided to give them a call, since making a trip to newell will be in excess of 3 to 5 k on the low side.

I was quoted 6k for 12 months! OUCH!
Think maybe I should just save up 500.00 per month and put it in some type of account and pray I have no major issues

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

I am not in favor of warranty insurance policies like you are talking about. In the last tow months I have replaced the complete Aqua Hot heater in a SOB that had hit a tire in the road and broken the exhaust penetration into the coolant tank. Not covered since the Aqua Hot was not a named part. On another SOB, I replaced a failed blower motor in the Webasto burner, not covered as not a named part.

I do like the idea a fund belonging to you placed with a good money man that grows to your benefit when not used. It covers everything, no questions asked.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

darlene has a warranty program that she pays for dearly for our coach.........me......and all of you helping me.....

i aint cheap, but i am slow.....and can sometimes fix stuff. and i take care of the yard too. multipurpose warranty program.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH