You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement

Quoted text "There may be a simpler way, now that I have slept on it. It may have been possible to open the access above the tire, disconnect those lines and cap them. I may have been able to simply press the extend and retract buttons to operate the cylinder I was working on. I do know that I tried to use the HWH pump and system to move the cylinder when it was mechanically disconnected on both ends and it started to move the opposite end of the room. I decided not to pursure that approach very far."

NOTE: Use caution when working with hydraulics and shut off the air supply to the salon slide seal once flattened.

I had the front salon (rear actuator) leaking.  I tried this approach Richard described above, to actuator the cylinder facilitating the removal with a minor deviation.  With the room fully extended i.e. floor raised and the slide pins engaged using the normal HWH hydraulic system.  I selected the retract sequence.....once the floor dropped and the room moved inward a couple of inches I stopped the slide sequence.  I figured if the room was away from the extend switches I would eliminate hydraulic sequence issues upon reinstalling the actuator. 

Capping off the front actuator and removing the outboard rod end bolt of the rear actuator i completed the retracting of the aft actuator using the HWH system as if retracting the slide, only difference the slide does not move.   Removed the actuator from the coach.   Dis-assembled the actuator and replace the seals thank you Richard!  Once the collapsed actuator (void of any fluid) was connected to the coach hydraulically & mechanically on the passenger side of the actuator (I left some space between the large adjustment nuts, passenger side) to facilitate moving the rod end in order to install the driver side rod end bolt.  Very carefully extend the aft cylinder with the HWH hydraulic system till the driver side rod end bumps the slide....release extend switch.  Once the driver side rod end bolt was installed tighten the large adjustment nuts on the passenger side.....final adjustment comes later once all the air is out of the system (self bleeding).

With the front and rear actuators mechanically/hydraulically hooked up continuing the retraction to the fully stowed an locked position.  Had no issues with the room cocking upon retraction.  Extended the room to the fully extended position again with no issues.  Did this a couple of times (ten minute rest between cycles) to eliminate any air.  Happy to report the rear actuator is no longer leaking!

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Messages In This Thread
HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Richard - 06-13-2020, 10:37 AM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Latitude 28 - 01-15-2022, 10:17 PM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Richard - 01-16-2022, 05:35 AM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by encantotom - 01-16-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Latitude 28 - 01-17-2022, 10:34 AM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by RussWhite - 01-17-2022, 12:57 PM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by ACR - 06-07-2023, 08:35 AM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Gnawrocki1 - 06-07-2023, 01:31 PM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Richard - 06-07-2023, 02:24 PM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Latitude 28 - 10-16-2023, 06:08 PM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Latitude 28 - 10-21-2023, 09:21 AM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Jack Houpe - 10-17-2023, 03:49 AM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Gnawrocki1 - 10-17-2023, 08:03 AM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Latitude 28 - 10-17-2023, 09:02 AM
RE: HWH Salon Slide cylinder replacement - by Jack Houpe - 10-17-2023, 09:23 AM