You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Door step won't extend

Mid-entry 2009. We tend to keep a thin rug on the bottom step to wipe our feet. After pulling in yesterday I forgot to turn off the step, so it closed with the carpet in the step cover. It's happened a couple of times before and I've been able to pull on the carpet when opening the door and the step came out. Not this time  Sad

I've checked the fuse and it's good. I can't see any access to the step mechanism when it's closed. Any ideas?

Mick & Renee
2009 Newell 45’ 8” #1277, C15 625HP 12-speed ZF
Full time working and traveling. 

I solved my problem with a little help from Newell.

1. There's a handle under the first indoor step, or in the case of my mid-entry on the wall in the bay in front of the door. Turn 1/4 turn anti-clockwise and pull - this disconnects the mechanism from the step. Once this is done you can pull out the step and remove the obstruction.
2. Push the handle and move the step to make sure it reengages the mechanism, then turn clockwise again to lock.
3. The motor was not working. Behind the step is a plastic cover over the electronics. Remove the cover and there are 2 fuses. I checked them and they were fine, but removing and refitting them reset the board as everything worked after that.

Mick & Renee
2009 Newell 45’ 8” #1277, C15 625HP 12-speed ZF
Full time working and traveling. 

Yes

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

makes sense there is a manual valve for it. thanks for posting what you found.

it is the same for the bode air door. there is a manual valve both on the outside in a bay and inside to be able to open it if there is problems.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH