You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

I see my old Classic is for sale

I see my ole' 74 Classic is for sale. Interesting he used my old photos? Must not have a camera..
http://www.rvregistry.com/used-rv/154472.htm

Not sure the condition.. It was great the last time I saw it!

Jimmy

I saw my first Newell (a 1987 40' w/tag) 5 or 6 years after I sold it. It was parked in an oilfield company's parking lot in Lafayette, LA.

I stopped by and asked if I could see the inside, after getting permission I walked inside. It looked very much like it did when I sold it in 1997. Seeing it brought back some great memories! I loved that coach.

Your first Newell is like your first girlfriend ....... remember going steady for the first time!Smile

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

(02-28-2013, 08:25 PM)tuga Wrote:  I saw my first Newell (a 1987 40' w/tag) 5 or 6 years after I sold it. It was parked in an oilfield company's parking lot in Lafayette, LA.

I stopped by and asked if I could see the inside, after getting permission I walked inside. It looked very much like it did when I sold it in 1997. Seeing it brought back some great memories! I loved that coach.

Your first Newell is like your first girlfriend ....... remember going steady for the first time!Smile

Yes, one tends to overlook the pimples!! Wink

Jimmy

I just bought a 1974 35 foot Coach, is it your old one? I'm looking for information on it if it is. Love it and we are getting ready to restore it.

Thanks,
Roy...

Nice!! I like it!! Keep us posted on the progress, theres a few classic lovers on the forum here, welcome!! If you have any questions fire away!!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Looks like it! Congrats we loved it!! I sent you an email.

Jimmy

Does this look familiar? If so, it is...

Jimmy

My old '78 Classic was purchased by a gentleman who is the historian for the RV/MH Hall of fame Museum in Elkhart, IN. He is traveling most of the time doing RV history presentations at RV rallys. It's cool to see how it is being used and enjoyed rather than sitting in somebody's back yard.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Jimmy, when you did your steps on your old classic wasn't there a hinge on the middle step or did you do something different? I am just about to redo mine and thers a hinge on the outside of the second step and they lift up for storage underneath but it makes it hard to put flooring on. This is a pic of the ones you did, nice job.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

No, no storage in the 74' but I'm pretty sure you could do a work-around without much problem... Keep us posted!

You might try moving the hing to the inside...

Jimmy