You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ipad ddec system

hi all,

here is an interesting system for those of you that are apple ipad fans.

have a look. it takes the place of the vmspc from what i can tell.

tom

http://rvtechtools.com/index.html

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That’s awesome! I wonder if you could check out a perspective coach with the IPhone DDec decoder app that is shown on the website?

Jimmy

Looks pretty good till you get to the $600 interface between the DDEC & Ipod?

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

I trust the guys at Silverleaf for the tech support.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

If you want to read more about the development of this product use the link below:

http://www.prevostcommunity.com/forum/th...readID=973

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I want one!

I have been working on a "Radar" app that would go great with this thing. My app simulates an aircraft radar display. When I am driving, I pretty much want to know where the nearest fuel source, rest stop, and nearby thunder storms are. My app currently downloads radar data from the National Weather Service. and displays it on an iPad. Truck stops and Rest Areas will come later.

With the DDEC system and my app, I will really feel as if I am flying my Newell.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Looked to me like they want $750. I get virtually the same thing with my VMSpc and it displays on my iPad ( a nice display BTW ). I just connect the VMSpc to a cheap netbook and use a virtual network connection to the iPad ( wireless ) and off I go. If one has no interface to the DDEC at all, this approach would work but still seems a bit pricey to me. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

On the Prevost site they are giving members $100 off probably would others. Then you wouldn't have to buy a net book and a iPad. Just saying. Any way looks nice sorta like the panels in the late model aircraft of the day.

Jimmy

My dash gauges are difficult to read, and I often have to use a small flashlight. From reading this forum, I have recently become interested in the Silverleaf VMSpc and know that several of you are using the VMS on a laptop. I would like something that I can place in the dash covering the current gauges. I understand that the iPad does not have a USB port and I would like something larger. Microsoft's new Surface may be large enough and has a USB port where an external CD drive could be connected to download the program. I would appreciate any information the the group has researched.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

hi chester,

that is what newell does on the newer coaches is have it in the dash. it sure would take some retrofitting to do that with our rigs though.

for me, having the laptop right at my right side is plenty good enough

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH