You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ideas for protecting your newell

Hey all , I know most of you more than likely have a garage to house your newells. I need an inexpensive idea on how to cover mine for the winter. I won't be able to move it off site.

Rv cover, which always seems to get torn. 
Permanent cover ??? I'd like to spend no more than 5k on this endeavor.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Wax!

My coach has been in the weather it’s entire life. Covers can introduce their own issues. Obviously, I would like to have a bus barn like Tom’s but short of that... if you can... crank generator once a month, drive the coach for 30 mins and keep it waxed.

IMHO!
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Believe it or not i got ahold of a billboard company and i picked up three 48x14 for free. .no longer used in great shape

@Truman, how exactly did you use them??

@BillJohnson, Really??? just had a good wax put on about a month ago

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

If you want to.. check out yuma bargain warehouse...it has all the angles and parts needed to build your own tent/garage set up
I was looking at a 50x40 tarp  with angles and then buying the pipe locally

We are located in a county in FL that requires a permit for anything to include a portable buildings.  We came from a county in TN that if you built a pole barn for agricultural purposes i.e storing a tractor along with your MH no permit needed....go figure.  Having said this, in your situation, your county may have all together different guidelines.   Have you looked at one of those Versatube RV carports (https://www.versatube.com/)?  Home Depot may be able to get the size you need.

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

I have put a heavy coat of Mop & Glow on the roof once a year. Just be careful not to get runs down the sides...you'll regret that. Gives excellent protection!

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

I have 1 1/4" tube, tarps and grommets, that I used once for a canopy for my last Coach. Your welcome to the pipe, but I found heavy winds moved it around too much and too close to my coach. Some tarp is still good, but only enough for about 1/2 your coach.

I'll second the great wash and wax for a long lasting good look.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

This is what I found that I really like, I'd really like to have supports on one side only as I have a lot of plumbing/electrical running on the drivers side.  Waiting for the resort to get back to me on the design, they said they didnt have a problem getting me drawings since Im in cali and pose no design threat

Steerable tag 
Allison trans

That looks like Dean Loucks' coach. He is the guy that designs all the Liberty coach paint schemes.1

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car