You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Salon Floor Won't Raise Upon Slide Extension

I felt like this needed a new thread even though it is tied into my salon slide seal change.

After getting everything back together....operated the slide through it's complete range to check for flush and proper extension of (29 1/8").  The salon slide floor did not raise up flush.  Prior to changing the seal, the slide system worked flawlessly to include the floor coming up flush.  Checked fluid level and that is good to go.

Have a couple of question related to this event with some added information.  After gaining access found the aft slide lock leaking....disconnected and capped the lines with the lock in the retracted position.  I figured I would run with the rear lock bypassed as the front lock is working properly.

Back to the floor issue....what sequencing switch tells the system that it is time to raise the floor?  Is there a set of switches on the rear lock that relay the position of the lock?  I can't tell, as there is some spray foam above the hydraulic lock assembly that obscures the lock body.  I am asking this to make sure I didn't mess up something removing the slide.

Thanks in advance!

Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Look carefully at the limit switch in the basement ceiling in the very center of the slide. I “think” the switch needs to make before the floor will come up. Anyway i remember tweaking the limit switch when my seal was replaced.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Since the remaining lock pin actuated I figured that switch was made.  I will check it out tomorrow....thanks Richard.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

You are probably on the right track since you moved the slide for seal repair. Just another thought if the limit switch does not fix it. Make sure you have adequate 12v power. I had an issue with floor not coming up, and it was 12v power related. The hydraulic pump requires 3-4K psi to operate the front slide. Also, the 12v power comes from the chassis batteries not the house. You need to make sure the engine is running on high idle and your alternator is putting out with strong batteries. In my case the chassis batteries were low from coach sitting, and after starting the engine it had to idle for 20-30 minutes before the batteries had enough charge that the slide would operate correctly. The situation occurred multiple times, we were positive it was 12v power related.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Update; Checked the limit switch in the basement overhead....confirmed it is making contact....still no floor raising.  The slide operates on the closing with no issues so don't think it's a voltage issue.  There has to be another switch somewhere???

I went back to the last thing I did differently.  I had disconnected the rear slide lock as it was leaking.  I then took the cove molding down to gain access to the lock.  Embedded in the spray foam on top of the slide lock is a position switch (could not see this with the cove trim piece in place).  Removing the lock pin assembly and taking apart the housing there is a magnetic position switch inside.  So apparently my locks have to be in the locked position in order for the floor to sequence in the up direction.....now that make sense to me.  The aft lock is at the end of hydraulic line in series with the front lock, at the moment can't tell if the front lock has the same switch.

Have a call into HWH to check on availability of the lock assembly.  In the mean time, I ordered some seals from, McMaster Carr, to attempt a rebuild of the lock assembly will update you if that works out or not.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

Do you know what size the hydraulic line fittings are?

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
The HWH aluminum body has female 1/8 pipe thread,  The hydraulic fitting is a 1/8 pipe to a -4 (45 degree) male hydraulic fitting.  The hose is a -4 female swivel fitting.  The -4 designation is what NAPA used when I ordered the caps and plugs.

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

thats what i figured it was. yea i get my fittings at napa too. i have to run a new line to my rear slide pins from the pump up front.

the tubing is parflex 1/8" 540n-2

tom

What is the part number of the field assembled fitting that you ar going to use? Will you be able to use the old line to pull the new one through the coach?

Steve & Doris Denton
2014 Honda CRV Toad
Summerfield, FL

i have it but need to dig it up. i have to run it a different route so not sure yet. when i did the rivet fix, the last rivet i drilled out was behind the rear slide and t'he line for the pin locks was foamed up against the outside skin under that last rivet. and it is not accessible from the inside. trust me i tried. so i will have to go up and over the fridge etc.

realistically any 1/8 line that meets the pressure will work. if you talk to hwh they have special crimping dies that they have "certified" to work.

its on the "list" that is growing larger

tom