You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water heater Bi-pass

I posted this a few weeks ago in the general repairs area and didn't get a response so I thought I'd try one more time, in plumbing. 

I have a 20 gal. Raritan water heater and I am wondering if anyone out there has ever used a Bi-pass kit when winterizing. If, is there an off the shelf version or did you make it? Pics would be helpful.I

Thanks

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

Yes I have installed a WH bypass. It is a 3 way valve that routes the anti freeze past the WH.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

It was on an Arstream trailer I don’t have pics. If u google RV water heater bypass. U will find some. Be sure to turn WH off before draining it via the WH drain valve.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Dont be like me. Be sure to turn of the electricity to your water heater before draining it.  When spring arrives, fill the water geater with fresh water, THEN apply power to your coach water heater.  Sad  Having 120 volts available to the water heater before it is full of water gives you a lesson in changing the water heater element.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Thanks for help.

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC