You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Electric problem

Wow George, I have never heard of the replacement of a Aqua Hot heater due to a bad wire that can be replaced with the heater in place at an RV park. The reman cost is $8400 plus labor chewing up almost $10,000 for a wire. And, in your case, maybe a Roger Berke Filler Neck Kit, $350.

The new heater will be fitted with the zero pressure coolant tank having the freshwater coil in the coolant tank. This means the tank will be filled with GRAS boiler fluid rather than engine antifreeze. Keep a gallon or so on hand to top off the new overflow bottle that comes with the reman heater.

There is no radiator cap on the new tank, just an open brass elbow. Keep the overflow bottle loaded. If one needs to pour in a gallon or more into the coolant tank, the little elbow is where the air must come out and incoming coolant will air lock. There is a tire air relief valve to help speed things up but not by much. When I need to put coolant into the new tank, I pump it in through the drain vavle so only air goes out the elbow.

You should have very good operation out of the reman heater along with a one year Aqua Hot warranty on the entire heater.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Messages In This Thread
Electric problem - by Georgeb - 12-14-2020, 08:51 AM
RE: Electric problem - by bikestuff - 12-14-2020, 09:05 AM
RE: Electric problem - by Trainer - 12-14-2020, 09:59 AM
RE: Electric problem - by Richard - 12-14-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: Electric problem - by Trainer - 12-14-2020, 12:03 PM
RE: Electric problem - by bestgenman - 12-15-2020, 07:10 AM