You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

black/gray tank showing 100% when empty

Hello Everyone,

Just like title says.  My black/gray tank is showing 100% full when completely empty. I've disconnected the sensor on the side of the tank thinking maybe it was just a bad connection but its still showing full.  I also filled it up couple times w water and emptied it thinking that might help. no luck so far.  Anyone else have any thoughts on something i could attempt?  its not an urgent matter as run my fresh water tank empty and know its time to dump my tank.  Thanks in advance!

Matt

Matt Whitaker

Coach 1242 & 606
Tesla Model X. Tesla Model 3. Mclaren 12C. Ferrari 458

See your other post on same subject.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Hi Whitty,

I see you have some nice cars listed. I have had several porsches and now have a 2021 Turbo S and also a 2020 Acura NSX which I track both. I have been tracking my car for the last 6 years and having a blast. I have run on some great tracks. I was wondering do you ever track your cars? We do about 12 events a year in different location mostly on tracks from Texas to South Carolina. We just got back from COTA and going to VIR this week and then CMP 4/17-18. If you are every close let me know. 

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Hi Matt,

You did not say which Coach you're having a problem with. In my coach (1223) the sensor is exposed to the interior of the tank which causes the same issue on occasion due to build up of waste on the sensor. What has worked the best in the past is to turn on both the Diesel and electric heaters in the Aqua Hot system and fill the tank with water as hot as I can make it. Some detergent will l also help. Sometimes just this action will get the sensor working again. If you have a trip planned then running it down the road with a tank full of hot soapy water will possibly clean things up a bit better.

Goog luck,

Mike

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

Matt,
I'm experiencing the exact same problem on ours #1202. Where is the sensor located and what does it look like on 1242?
I'm wondering if an enzyme cleaner might be worth trying. Flushing multiple times didn't help ours either.
Bob

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

I've used liquid dishwashing detergent (for dishwashers, not Dawn) with good luck in the past. Also try adding water softener. I've found the softener at Walmart in the laundry detergent area.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

Thank you for the detergent and water softener ideas. When we head east for Spearfish I'll mix some into about 10 gallons of black water and see what the gauge looks like in Spearfish with a good rinse out.

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

If that doesn’t fix you up, let’s look at the sensors in SD. Some of them are easy to replace. My experience is once the sensor is fouled, the cleaning routines are temporary solutions. (No pun intended)

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )