You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

sell coach or not.what would be a fair price

What would be a fair price for a 2007 Quad slide rear master bath and a half,p2000i C-15 cat 625,zf astronic trans,zf suspension with steering tag axle.Has everything you would expect in a Newell and more.Has out door tv,barbecue,fridge,sat receiver.Great condition everything works,fairly new tires and batteries 2019,HD sat and a in motion to.All services up to date done at Newell.Coach #797 has about 180,000 miles and runs awesome down the road

If you would like to see some pictures pm me please 580-541-4928

Pricing a used coach is all about condition. Only an in person inspection by a knowledgeable person can set a price. On the other hand you know the flaws and positive points, so put a price on it and let the dickering begin.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I can not speak for others, this is my opinion.

I do not publicly comment on the price of any Newell coach. Nothing is to be gained by that from my standpoint. If my estimate is lower than what the owner thinks, then two issues now exist. The owner is no longer a friend, and a price is out there on the interweb for others to view. If my estimate is high, then the owner runs with that, and the coach languishes in the market.

And one last point, you are seeking a price from dudes who have owned and maintained these beasts for years. Our idea of pricing because we know firsthand the TLC required is likely to be closer to wholesale than retail.

I understand the sincerity of your question. After all, what better place to get a reasonable estimate on the value of your coach than the only Newell specific forum on the net. NADA is no good, and advertised pricing is just that, you don’t really know what the coach sold for.

I agree with Steve. Take a look at the range that other 2007 coaches are advertised for, evaluate the true condition of your coach, evaluate what you are willing to take for it, evaluate your timeframe for selling, and only then can you set a price that you are comfortable with.

A coach is worth exactly what one person is willing to pay and the owner is willing to take. The best deal is when the buyer pays more than they wanted to, and the owner accepts less than he wanted.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Don't know where you or your coach is located but I'd recommend calling Motorhomes of Texas and speaking with Mel Cordray. He's the sales manager there and could give you an idea of what price Newell's that they've sold have gone for. They do consignment sales and are highly recommended. They're in Nacogdoches, TX. 800-651-1112
They are doing a robust sales volume now and have an ongoing list of buyers. Some of the best condition coaches never make it to their webpage.
Like Steve and Richard said it's about condition.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks for the reply's.All great advise but also the difficulty they is such a wide gap in price now I have seen them between $300 and $475 thousand.I have thought about calling MOT,still might,funny story when we where looking for our newell went to MOT to look at a 2003 test drove and then went to lunch to decide and went back to buy and it was sold.It was a sad ride home to Oklahoma.It seems to be a seller's market and agree if both seller and buyer are a little happy might be good.Of coarse I would just like to be right for both of us.

i get asked to value newells very frequently. my answer is very similar to what richard said.

i am a great coach buyer and a terrible coach seller. that is why i had steve at arizona luxury coach sell my 99 last year. he made it easy and simple and no hassle. and in the end, he got more for the coach than i would have, covering most if not all of the selling cost.

if you are serious about selling and you dont want the hassle of dealing with prospective buyers and tire kickers, i would strongly suggest a reputable broker like steve or the guys at MOT.

my two cents worth

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hi. No perfect answer here, as others have said. Let me emphasize what they've said. No one will buy it unless they know its for sale. That means get it listed. Be aware that although 2020 was a banner RV year it will moderate towards the end of summer in 2021 because fewer people will be rv'ing and more forms of travel are re-opening. Therefore don't price it too high if you want to sell it soon. I saw an Andrew Steele video at the Motorcoach store where the store owner talked about his vehicle pricing. He said overall prices are high and will drop, so he doesn't want to be caught not selling a vehicle and then dramatically dropping the price later.

I am now looking for a 2005 or 2006 Newell. Before I flipped from browsing to active searching I saw several vehicles that were for sale over almost a 2 year period. They would show up on RVTrader as private sale then disappear only to resurface a few months later at an RV retailer, and then the process would repeat. The units like this are at the wrong price. A poor unit or one that lacks features or has weird ones is going to be less than one with all the stuff. That said, when you look at the other comps, know if they've been on the market for a long time. That will cause general observers to think that the price is too high for that year. They'll tuck that nugget away and it'll guide them later. If the price is high, in this boom, its really too high.

Just a word on your rig. I think your mileage is perfect. I see a lot of rigs with so few miles that that I would be wary of engine and transmission problems from low use and letting it sit parked. If I saw 2 similar condition rigs both at the same price I would almost always buy the one with more miles.

Sorry for the ramble.

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car