You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hi Everyone - Intro & Looking to Get into a 1982 38 Classic

Hi Folks,

Thanks again for the comments and information! Quick update - I managed to officially get the coach, so it's mine now. Whoo hoo! I replaced the chassis batteries as suggested. Got a pump sprayer and some fittings and got it set up to prime the system. I ended up having to replace both fuel filters and get it primed. Once I did that, and after a few tries, it finally seemed to get all the air out and cranked up and ran. It smoothed out and ran great after that. The air system pumped up in just a few minutes and all the air bags pumped up and were holding yesterday. I'll see if it has settled back down when I get over there today. I also got the generator running as well although it was smoking a lot. I was smoking out the previous owners truck so I cut it off. It might clear up once it has a chance to warm up.

Today I'm going to try to get the previous owner to walk me through some things. Apparently the guy that had it before her put an electronic shifter on it, but it is a custom control panel that he made himself and the brackets and stuff on the side of the tranny look questionable. She said she was having issues with getting it in to neutral I believe. So that's going to be the next order of business I think. The first thing I need to do is ID the tranny though.

Well I think that's it for now. Thanks again folks. I'll try to keep ya'll up to date on what I'm calling the "Re-Newell" project. Smile

Wil

1983? Newell 38ft Classic?
Need to finish IDing

Messages In This Thread