You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air Conditioners 3 and 4 blowing but not cold

I have recently bought a 2009 Newell and have been getting work done on it at Newell HQ.  I have been using all 4 air conditioners which have been working even in the triple digits temp currently.  All at once, I noticed that the air 3 and 4 in the bedroom were still blowing but not cold anymore.

So I have checked the breakers and they are on and I cycled them and no change.  They still blow are but not very cold at all.  I have tried the generator to see if there was a power issue and there was no change.  I have disconnected and reconnected power and cycled all of the air multiple times to see if there was any change and nothing.

I am wondering what it could be since it was not just 1 unit losing cooling but 2 at the same time.  Is there some other breaker or fuse that might cause the compressors to not kick on but the blower motor would still continue?

Thanks if you can help.

2009 Newell P2000i

Although it is unusual to have two AC units go out at the same time, it sounds like they are low on refrigerant.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thank you for the speedy response. I did think about the refrigerant issue but I think these are closed systems with no port for adding refrigerant. Also, it seems highly unlikely that both of these would go out at the exact same time and they have been working for weeks like 1 and 2. This led me to believe it was something other than just refrigerant leaks.

any other thoughts or suggestions?

is it possible that the thermostat is causing it to blow and not turn on the compressors?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

This is a long shot but you may want to check your setting on the thermostat for #3 and #4 and see if somehow they were inadvertently set on "Fan" mode and not "Cool" mode.

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

And most importantly, make sure the filters are clean and there is nothing on the surface of the evaporator coil.  You can see the coil after you remove the filter frame.  An obstructed coil or one with limited air movement through it can cause high head pressure,  not good!

Valento might be onto something!  Hopefully that is the case.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Thank you for your input. All filters have been cleaned and the coils also vacuumed etc. It does seem to be narrowed down to the 4th AC at this point only so maybe it just went out. I have worked the Tstat multiple ways and to no avail.

What is the best recommendation for this?
Just a new entire unit like a bic lighter?
If so which one for a 45 foot 2009 Newell?

Thanks again for the response for sure.

It appears i have at least 2 mach 8 coleman model 9023C876. I was wondering if there is some capacitor that goes to the compressor that goes out or something similar?

Or are these units generally made to last until they fail and then full replacement is the best and most cost effective option?

Thank you for your time.

Hmmmm, have you looked at the aquahot switch?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, thanks for the input. I don't have the aqua hot elec on and also the unit 4 was running all night long and then just got warmer in the morning so nothing was changed to cause that. Also the fans both indoor and outdoor are running the whole time but there is no cooling on the inside and up on the roof it is not hot air being circulated as the others are.

This just seems like the compressor isn't working and I wasn't sure if there was a specific capacitor or separate circuit that would cause this?