You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Boost Pressure t Idle and "hiss" from Engin bay?

Rick,

On my coach the turbo boost gauge is at zero at idle.  The only time the gauge rises is under an engine load.  I don't believe revving the engine in neutral is enough to make it rise.

As for your hissing air leak in the passenger side upper front engine compartment, it sounds like it could either be your 6-pack or your water separator.  My water separator has been disconnected since they are notorious for air leaks.  It may just be a bad O-ring or you may need a new one.  Harbor Freight has them or you can order on amazon.  Or search for Richard's post on how to get rid of them altogether.  If it's your 6-pack it may just need some cleaning and rebuilding.  Tom has rebuild kits if you'd like to order one.  That thread is probably the most popular post on the forum.

Like Bob said, get a spray bottle.  Put a half cup of dawn dish soap and fill the rest with water in a quart size spray bottle.  Spray everything down and you'll see exactly where the leak is.

When you get the leak narrowed down let us know and we'll tell you how to fix it.

Vinnie 

2003 Newell Coach #667, Triple slide

Messages In This Thread
Boost Pressure t Idle and "hiss" from Engin bay? - by Wanderman - 06-25-2021, 06:08 AM
RE: Boost Pressure t Idle and "hiss" from Engin bay? - by Winegrower - 06-25-2021, 08:24 AM
RE: Boost Pressure t Idle and "hiss" from Engin bay? - by Cienzo1 - 06-25-2021, 09:08 AM
RE: Boost Pressure t Idle and "hiss" from Engin bay? - by encantotom - 06-25-2021, 10:17 AM
RE: Boost Pressure t Idle and "hiss" from Engin bay? - by Wanderman - 06-25-2021, 06:02 PM
RE: Boost Pressure t Idle and "hiss" from Engin bay? - by Cienzo1 - 06-26-2021, 08:59 AM
RE: Boost Pressure t Idle and "hiss" from Engin bay? - by BobALou - 06-26-2021, 06:18 PM
RE: Boost Pressure t Idle and "hiss" from Engin bay? - by encantotom - 06-26-2021, 07:24 PM