You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

RV Storage

congrats on the coach.

1. not without doing some rewiring. it would be much easier if you wanted air without having the coach plugged is to put air in with a small pancake compressor to the rear air port in the passenger side engine bay. i have mine plugged into shop air all the time in my shop.

2. with absolutely nothing on and batteries off, as long as the batteries can hold a charge and that depends on the batteries and their health. remember you have 8 8d batteries and replacing them sets you back from 200-600 dollars each depending on what kind they are.

3. when the coach has no air on it, eventually the air door system will leak down. when it does, and the two exterior keyed deadbolts are not in, then you can move the door by hand. ........if there is air in the system, there is an emergency air release handle in one of the bays next to the door. on mine it is on the left bay as you look at the door. turning that releases all the air and you can manually move the door open. there is another one of these in the doored cabinent just inside beneath all the switches so you could do the same from the inside if there was a malfunction.

caution. the deadbolts that are keyed on each side of the door.......if they are locked, and the bode door system has air in it and you try to open the door with the button, it is not smart enough to know those deadbolts are locked and will strain and try and open the door.

i never use those deadbolts. if you have it in storage for a long time, then maybe if you are not keeping air on it. and then you could lock them. (always do both sides, never just one).

also remember the 12v air compressor supplies enough air for the entry door, pocket doors and potties.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
RV Storage - by B and C - 06-28-2021, 11:54 AM
RE: RV Storage - by encantotom - 06-28-2021, 02:40 PM
RE: RV Storage - by B and C - 06-28-2021, 03:08 PM
RE: RV Storage - by encantotom - 06-28-2021, 04:15 PM
RE: RV Storage - by MrE - 06-28-2021, 07:14 PM
RE: RV Storage - by B and C - 07-01-2021, 12:19 PM
RE: RV Storage - by bikestuff - 07-01-2021, 12:37 PM
RE: RV Storage - by B and C - 07-01-2021, 12:46 PM
RE: RV Storage - by folivier - 07-01-2021, 01:00 PM