You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inspection

Good morning. Does anyone have a list of things to check or inspect before purchasing a Newell coach. Thanks
Not sure if this is the place to post but thanks anyway

First, find a good Psychiatrist and have your head checked for loose screws.
Ha.... Thats funny, don't care who you are.

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

A DOT checklist is a good place to start as far as the mechanical systems go:

https://www.pdffiller.com/preview/5/745/.../large.png

If u look in the Documentation section of Newell Gurus forum you will find a few owners manuals that others have scanned in. Choose one that is near the age of the coach you are considering. You will find it helpful.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Read the entire section on Things to Consider when buying a used Newell. A small investment of your time when considering a large investment of your money.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

My psychiatrist owns a newell. Says a few loose screws is normal.

Mike and Beth Magee 
80 Newell Classic 37’ Cat 3208T
05 Ascender 4x4 toad
(Lol no pun intended)

Depends on the newell you are looking at. Has it had any service at all? Check tires and date codes, check all lighting, ac units, aquahot. Does it fire on both diesel and electric? Does it make any weird noises? Check water pumps, check all slides for smooth operation.

Electronics will be out of date unless you are looking at a newer one.

Drive it, listen to it. Make sure the appliances all work. Verify that the toilets function as they should. Flaps should close within 7 to 8 seconds.

Verify both 120 volt compressors are operating, check for air leaks everywhere!

Check all suspension components, brakes etc.

It is best to have a Newell guy go with you if possible, if you've owned rvs in the past that will help but these coaches are a different breed.

Be prepared to spend at least 10k and I know that light. Hopefully you are a day kinda guy or if not I suggest a check book with many zeros at the end.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive