You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

8V92 Mechanic needed in Indianapolis

As Alan said , I would try fuel filters first . Change primary , start engine and run it at least until it smooths out , then change secondary filter and repeat . There should also be a fuel /water separator in the vicinity of fuel tank with a radiator type drain . Be careful as the bowl is plastic and fragile , drain off some fuel , look for water .
What year is your coach? 
Another thing you can look at is the throttle linkage at the engine , make sure it moves freely and responds to pedal movement . Will engine rev in neutral ?

Mechanic : Bus Grease Monkey is from the Indy area , moved to Tennessee where he works on a lot of Detroit two strokes with his son . He has videos on You Tube as well as a website . I think they still travel to work , you might reach out to them . Scott Crosby and Tyler . I can send a link if needed .
Again , it would be helpful if you include your coach year model and number if possible .

I notice you mentioned engine would spool up , that would indicate throttle movement .

I notice you mentioned engine would spool up , that would indicate throttle movement .

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

Messages In This Thread
8V92 Mechanic needed in Indianapolis - by Fromdirt - 07-10-2021, 06:05 PM
RE: 8V92 Mechanic needed in Indianapolis - by Husker Al - 07-10-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: 8V92 Mechanic needed in Indianapolis - by Tf175 - 07-11-2021, 04:37 AM
RE: 8V92 Mechanic needed in Indianapolis - by dannymarilyn - 07-11-2021, 07:21 AM
RE: 8V92 Mechanic needed in Indianapolis - by Fulltiming - 07-11-2021, 09:49 AM
RE: 8V92 Mechanic needed in Indianapolis - by MrE - 07-11-2021, 04:59 PM