You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Valve BEHIND the Dupree Air operated Dump valve??

Attached is a (admittedly bad) photo of what appears to be another valve behind and to the right of the Dupree Air operated dump vale.

What's it for?

Thanks,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

that is how you dump the entire tank including the poo.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Sorry Tom, I don't understand. The air operated dump valve acts on the valve in front. This one is way in the back of the water compartment... How is it actuated??

See photo of the water bay, attached.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

ok, here is my explaination.

with the back manual valve closed, and the front air operated valve closed, nothing comes out. statement of the obvious

with the back manual valve closed, and you open the front air valve, then the incoming gray water will come out but nothing from the toilets, like poo and paper because it is at the bottom of the tank,

with the back manual valve open, and the front air valve open, you have everything inside the tank coming out. like everything.

tom

OK THAT makes sense. The rear valve is almost impossible to get to. Looks like it had a rectangular handle on the shaft. Is it a manually actuated valve?

Just pull up and done?

Sorry to be dense, but I'd like to get that tank empty before I tackle the weird valve thing I posted in the other thread.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Rotate 90 counterclockwise and it should start to pop up up the pull up

Tom

AHA! That's why it was so tough to move. D'oh!

Thanks Tom.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

How high does the rectangular handle have to be above the latch mechanism to have the valve completely open??

Thanks,

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

3 to 4 inches.

Those valves can stick. It’s a good idea to have a couple of the rubber inserts for the paddle in you on board kit. The ONLY source for them is Dupree.

If I were you, I would go ahead and replace all three. Bleach and other detergents tend to destroy the rubber over time.

If you find the rod pulls out of the paddle, there are rescue techniques for getting the paddle out. The block on top of the valve has two screws that are removed before the block is removed. That allows the paddle to clear the entire assembly.

So.......if that valve is seized closed then your gray water has no where to go.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Hmmm Wait,,, the Air powered Dupree valve is working fine. This is the one behind it that allows for the lower part of the tank to go through the valve in front and on to the dump station/cleanout/etc. My gray dumps fine, It appears that I have to get the rear manual valve to move about 1.5 inches further than it is moved now. Likely stuck for a long time.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller