You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

RV Whisper

Was ordering a Power Watchdog surge protector and noticed an ad that talked about integration with a product called RV Whisper.  Looks like it will also integrate with my PressurePro TPMS as well.  Just wondered if anyone else was using it and if so how you like it.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Kind of bummed that I hit a road block on this one. Each sensor connects to the receiver via Bluetooth and then transmits notifications via wifi. From the sounds of it guys love it on fiberglass coaches, but it sounds like on a Newell or Prevost there have been some issues with the signal not being able to get through the bays, floor, etc.

Great idea other than that.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

Brad, you should add coach information to your signature line. If you have an electronic engine, you will already have a start. You'll probably want to look at a J1939 monitoring system.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Sorry, not picking it up for 10 days, but who's counting, so I hadn't posted coach info yet :-)! I have a BlueFire system for engine monitoring. Was just looking for something that would monitor temp in coach as we'll travel with pets at times and wet bay temp for while in storage along with monitoring if I lost shore power in storage as well. Here is what i'm planning as a work around, but I'm open for suggestions.

1.) Pepwave Router (thanks to the helpful advice of Steve Vance)
2.) Wifi temp monitor in cabin
3.) Wifi temp monitor for wet bay
4.) One of those two I'm hoping to have plugged in to an outlet not on inverters so that when I get a lost power I'll know I lost shore power.

I'm thinking that should be a pretty stable solution as I'll have good cell phone service where stored. Really liked that RV Whisper would pull all of this together in addition to why PressurePro TPMS and Power Watchdog surge protector but it's just not feasible and/or wouldn't be a stable enough connection even if I could link it together.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

Looks like you can use your TPMS with BlueFire https://bluefire-llc.com/store/pressurepro-pulse

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Going to be running PulseFX in the background of the tablet, or at least that's my plan. Figured i could flip to the Pulse app on startup to glance at pressures and then just let it run in the background with notifications turned on. At least that's the plan in theory. I'll know more in 9 days in the real world.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

Jon, well didn't you just open a can of worms.  I got with BlueFire I would have the option to stream that TPMS data directly to my BlueFire screen instead of just running FX in the background on the same tablet.  Now the $64,000 question is which way would I prefer it?  Seems nice to have it all on one screen on on hand.  On the other you've only got so much real screen real estate in which just having it running in the background would free that space up.

Update.  Found out from BlueFire that Pulse integration only works on a J1939 data bus and I'm on a J1708.  Looks like my initial gameplan will stand on running FX in the background of tablet or just use phone as the device to notify.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

I have the Power WatchDog and it works well.  I can pick up the signal best in the kitchen area and bedroom but lose it in the salon and rear bath. It clamps the power at 50 Amps on either leg very quickly so I have had to be a little more careful with what is running at any given time, particularly if I want to run the electric side of the AquaHot. The real benefit is being able to restart it from inside the coach.

Terry

Terry Copeland
2007 P2000i

Thanks Terry. Wish they had a unit that had both Bluetooth and Wifi for those that run wifi all the time on a hotspot. I'm guessing there is a technical reason for not doing it that way.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO