You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

older newell air bags

Hi People!  Well I never did find drive axle and steering axle air bags for my trip. I was only able to find and replace the Tag axle bags. I have Ordered and Paid for bags from SD TRUCK SPRINGS and Michigan Truck Springs so when they finally come I will have plenty. The wife and I decided to go for it and try the trip on the old bags and if we have to have it hauled home we will.  We just returned home and had a great trip.  3500 miles and the motor home performed flawless.  95 degree weather climbing the mountains of Montana and it never over heated. Strangely I got 7 miles Per gallon which I expected 5 1/2 I never went over 65 except to pass a semi once.  I only burned 1 quart of oil.  The 8V92 started rite off every morning. That's the good part now here is the best part. The wife has never been a big fan of the Newell because my 40K good deal i told her i got on the unit turned into $145K after I put in new carpet, had the upholstery redone, a queen size bed, new TVs,  glass top electric range, Fixed the basement air and since we live at the ocean half the year I had to build a garage to keep it out of the salt air.  So you can see she sees this thing as a money pit and is always telling me I should sell it. But something changed on this trip. After spending 2 months in it she fell in love with it and is telling me now I can't sell it and is looking forward to next years big trip. I ask her what gives. Her answer was the ride is so smooth, the seat is the best she has set in and there is so much room. Who would have guessed.

1991  #248  Ex Al Unser Jr

Messages In This Thread
older newell air bags - by rollensmooth - 08-06-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: older newell air bags - by 360 - 08-06-2021, 08:52 PM
RE: older newell air bags - by Tf175 - 08-07-2021, 04:51 AM
RE: older newell air bags - by rollensmooth - 09-26-2021, 11:51 AM
RE: older newell air bags - by encantotom - 09-26-2021, 10:20 PM
RE: older newell air bags - by rollensmooth - 09-29-2021, 12:59 PM