You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front Brake Drum Shoes Dana IFS63
Sad 

We need help sourcing Brake Drum shoes for a Dana IFS63 front end. 

They are 15 1/2 X 7 shoes which is a very odd size.  If we can't find the brake shoes then at least the liners would be helpful.  We found the brake shoe metal only on Find It Parts but they weren't lined.   

I have attached the Dana parts list.

Anyone who has experience on this would be helpful.

Thanks

Rick and Cindy Freeman
1997 Newell Coach #465
Spending summers in Central Wisconsin and winters in Mesa, AZ.

I think what you are going to find is the brakes will be from a different brand. Are they disc or drum?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

They are drum brakes.

Rick and Cindy Freeman
1997 Newell Coach #465

I thought so, but had to make sure.

I can’t tell you the number, but when I was going through the same search I used two tools to help me.

One is this catalog https://catalog.fleetpride.com/view/871077/28/

The second, which unfortunately I do not have the link available to me on the road, was from a major remanufacturer of brake shoes. They had an identification guide on their website to help counter guys know which shoes they would re line. So if you had the old shoe, you could at least compare it to the pictures and dimensions on the guide to identify it. I will keep looking to see if I can find the link.

On edit/. Maybe this will help. https://www.stoughtontrailers.com/Deskto...PortalId=0

If that doesn’t google Brake show identification chart. There are a bunch on the web.

Oh yeah, one more thing that could help you back into the number. There will be a number stamped on the drum. Can you use that number to identify the manufacturer of the brakes? My guess is the brakes are Bendix, and they did not come with the DANA front end.

For example my drive and tag axle assemblies are Ridewell. The drive brakes were Bendix, and the tag brakes were Meritor. The front axle was DANA IFS84, but the front brakes were Knorr Bremse. The point being that the brakes and hubs are quite often from a different company. I did not realize in the truck industry that the wheel ends were sort of a mix and match deal, quite unlike cars.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

@"cfree3"

Did you locate the shoes? Would you mind posting the numbers for the next guy if you did?

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

We have not found a complete set of brake shoes yet. We found the brake shoe but they came without lining. We will continue to try because our brakes are 1/2 gone now and we need to replace them eventually!

Rick and Cindy Freeman
1997 Newell Coach #465