You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Latches and Door Handle

We are currently working on a 1987 Newell Coach rebuild and are having the hardest time trying to locate the latches for the generator doors as well as the door handle.  I am wondering if there is a way to locate these at all or if there is a solid looking alternate to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Friday I'm getting 2 types of latches sent to me ill let you which turns out the best

That would be great thank you.

Post pics of what you are looking for. Too many latches to guess

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Are you referring to the four latches that secure the generator cover in the front of the coach ?
Chris

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

I believe the door handle on my 1992 is from a Lincoln Town Car.

I am not 100% sure, but it appears that the Dorman 77180 is the door handle on my 1996. I haven't removed it to check the mechanism, but it appears correct.

Anyone know for sure?

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

The outside door handle on my 1992 is a Ford part number E25Y-5433404-A, alternate 1ADHE00082 1982-1987 Lincoln Continental. Your could be a newer model but is likely from a Lincoln.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Michael,
That looks identical to the Dorman part #. I couldn't find any cross references to your #'s though. It appears that the Dorman Part # is LEFT HAND door not RIGHT hand door. May NOT be the correct part!!!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

One hand is used for the outside. The opposite hand is used on the inside.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )