You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

S60 Engine work near North AL

I need someone to check out some engine issues near north Alabama. Anyone recommend a place?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Pairodice here is what I did to find a DD mechanic near me. I want to have my valves adjusted since I don't have evidence of them being done.
I searched on Google for a Detroit mechanic near me and went to the DD web site. I took a drive up to Jacksonville to put my eyes on the shop.
When I talked with the Service Manager he said a few things I was going to ask about. I asked what their backlog is for work. He answered 2 or 3 days depending on his Detroit Guys availability.
Next question was the cost. He said $495 for a truck but motorhomes will be a couple hours more. This told me they were familiar with coaches as well as semi trucks.
I then mentioned I had to remove the flooring to have his guy gain access and explained how I don't want to leave it long to have them work it in. I explained about the slide seals and I didn't want it without power and run the risk of them deflating. He offered up 110v plug in. I said I would like to call him when I'm ready and then bring it in the night before; like the call ahead seating at restaurants. This he smiled at and agreed.
I am glad I spoke to him in person instead of on the phone. It was worth the 3 hours drive and also was able to see their parts warehouse and shop. It was clean as far as a diesel shop is concerned.
I plan to take the coach up there next month. There are 3 other shops within a comfortable drive from home I would have interviewed if I didn't like what I saw. If none of these would pass my interview I would have widened my search.
I hope this helps.

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile