You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Oh No ! No crank, Series 60

A couple of days ago, preparing to leave campsite, the engine does not fire. It spins over just fine, just no fire. No hint of fire. Dead flat, like a pancake. This will induce anxiety in bridal unit in case you are wondering. 

Since the engine would turn over. I immediately ruled out key switch, and starter solenoids. There was a wee bit of wit of white unburned diesel wisp at the exhaust, so I thought it’s not fuel related. Another clue that it was probably a DDEC issue is that neither the ProDriver or VMSPc are showing any codes. 

I checked the following at the rear electrical panel. 12V at the ignition “on” terminal. 12Vdc at both the DDEC fuses. 

At this point I am puzzled, and a bit rattled. I am about to disconnect the DDEC and clean the connectors with carb spray. But first, I look in the passenger footwell for a blown fuse. All fuses are good, but I do see in the upper right hand corner a Bosch cube relay labeled DDEC. Swapped out the DDEC one for another one used for the high beam headlights. 

Vrrrrrrmmmmmmm!  Bride is happy, made check out time by one minute.

If you decide to lay in a store of those relays, look carefully. Some are single acting, and some are double acting. Stock both.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Oh No ! No crank, Series 60 - by Richard - 09-10-2021, 02:53 PM
RE: Oh No ! No crank, Series 60 - by HoosierDaddy - 09-10-2021, 06:08 PM
RE: Oh No ! No crank, Series 60 - by bikestuff - 09-11-2021, 06:10 AM
RE: Oh No ! No crank, Series 60 - by Richard - 09-11-2021, 05:00 PM
RE: Oh No ! No crank, Series 60 - by Deper10 - 09-12-2021, 07:53 AM
RE: Oh No ! No crank, Series 60 - by Tfrazier - 09-12-2021, 05:49 PM