You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Any 3D printer wizards on here?

Just wondering if any guru’s that are 3D printer buffs as I’ve got a couple small items that I’d love to have someone attempt to print.

1.) Those little covers that go over the weep holes on the windows.

2.) The covers that go over the nut that holds on the wipers.

Need to figure out a way to get those two items made out of anything but unobtainium!

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

I use my 3D printers all the time. I'd be happy to try it out for you.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

Do you have a way to build the file to print or purely printing from a completed CAD file that someone else creates (or however that gets done)? I'm missing a few of those weep hole covers around the windows that I'd like to have made. May have a work around on my wiper arm caps as the company that made the arms may have replacements, we'll find out next week.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

Creating an .STL file can be easy or quite challenging depending upon your skill set and facility with various types of drawing/CAD software. I'm not much of an artist, but can modify and setup a print job.

There are MANY easy to use 3d printing CAD-style freeware products out there. Do a search for them and try them out....

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

360 check your pm

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Got some good news from the folks at AM Equipment that supplied the wiper arms on 653. They are sending me out a replacement cap to cover the nut at no charge. Found a local company that does 3D print/design that will take one of those weep hole covers and create a CAD drawing of it for a printer. I'll let everyone one once we get it drawn up a couple prototypes tested.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

Brad, keep me posted on the weep hole covers. I think I need 6 or 7. If you find someone to make them, I'd be interested in getting some as well.

Tony

Tony and Cindy Frazier
1992, #300   Wink
2023 Ford Broncos Bad lands Toad
Columbia, SC

If you guys manage to get a 3d file (any format) I can easily print up a bunch.

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller

Sounds good on all fronts.

Brad Aden
St. Louis, MO

If the software development team is working to solve specific problems, the software development team https://mlsdev.com/services/software-testing should also have a strategic role. This position is responsible for ensuring the success of the project. If a product is built with a software development team, the software team should be able to meet the needs of the company. The company should be able to communicate effectively with the customers. A development team should be transparent and provide access to the client.