You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Miami OK in January ?

I'd like to get work done on my Coach, back at Newell and have not had time. I'm considering going just after the New year (1/10 thru say 1/20). I'm not fond of driving in snow or icy conditions, so with that said, Have any of you traveled thru this area (and south in TX) during that time of the year ?

I'm not in a hurry so I can lay low during a stroke of bad weather for a week or so if needed.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Bring your warm and snuggly clothes cause it can get really cold and grey, but at least the chance of a tornado will be reduced.

2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6[Image: thumbnails.php?album=143] Toad for fishing. 

In NE Oklahoma it can be a crap shoot. Might have ice, snow and cold weather or it might be nice.

Dale
2013 Newell #1472

Having lived in and around Tulsa between 1987 and 2017 I can tell you what you've been told is accurate.  It can be nice or nasty.  The good thing is the nasty rarely stays very long so you can slip thru when the nice is available.  I know Newell sends a group of service people to Palm Springs about that time to take care of all the snowbirds out there so it may be wise to give them a call to be certain they can accomodate your needs.
While you're parked there at the factory you will have power and water but I'd suggest getting a heat wrap for your water hookup.  Their hydrants should work all year round because the valves are buried below ground.
If you happen to hit an ice storm be sure you have your camera handy it can be beautiful.

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

Thank you all. Good information. I wanted to go to SoCal but I need more work than they want to do in Palm Spring/Indio.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.