You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HOW TO: Getting Connected to the Internet on the Road

Hi all,

My “gift”, if you will, is the love of technology and to make it usable yet understandable.  I’ve done this for years and years and, now that I am an RV-er, I’ve had the “prodding” to start making videos to help others.  So, I guess that’s what retirement is for, huh?  LOL!

Seriously though, I get a TON of enjoyment from seeing others have the lightbulb come on and suddenly make sense of the topic that once made them run for the hills!

So, that said…this video seems to be helping others so I wanted to post it as it’s own topic here, to make it easier to find.  Please let me know if you have any questions or need clarification.

ENJOY!!

Getting Connected to the Internet on the Road with a Pepwave Transit Duo

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Thank you for the video. Helped me get a more complete picture. Technology to me is often like looking at the Mona Lisa through a pinhole, until you can piece it all together in mentally. We subscribed. Looking for future videos.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

Guy & Sue,

Man, that makes me feel good; I'm so glad it helped you "see the picture" a bit better.  (Although, I don't think I'll ever understand 'art'...pinhole or not!  LOL)

All the best,
Steve

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Thanks for sharing the link. Nice video, I'm still using the BR1.

Thanks for the appreciation. The BR1 is a great router and will serve you well until the time comes where you’d like dual modem capabilities.

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Love my Duo. I think I need to tweak a few settings when I get some time to call 5GStore.

Brad Aden
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine
St. Louis, MO

Subscribed! Enjoyed all your contents and hope to see more.

S. Park
Enjoying Calif. weather. 

Thank you! I appreciate the complement and hope to continue providing more useful info for you!

Steve

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA

Steve,

My wife is an attorney and planning to work from the coach, on the road as well as when stationary. She has watched other YouTube videos on installing the MobileMustHave bundles which include installing an antenna and drilling another hole in the roof. I found your video and we watched it together, but still she thinks we need the other solution because she will need to do a lot of video conferencing and accessing work servers. What are your thoughts?

2009 Newell P2000i
Coach #1283
Show Coach of 2009

Yes, your wife falls into a category in which will take a much more robust system. I have have the full solution she will need to give her near the best availability possible.

I will email you with my recommendation since it takes more explanation.

Steve

Steve & Janice Vance
2015 Newell #1524
Glendora, CA