You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Silver generator paint?

Does anyone know what paint is used on the generator? Mine looks like a hammered silver tone. I spent the day degreasing the area. Maintenance guys never cleaned up after themselves over the years. There are no leaks from the unit itself just remnants of oil caking up from removal of filters and such. There's a few spots I would like to touch up. Generator cleaned up nicely!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

That would be a good q for Martin Diesel!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Take a bracket or part of the engine to a paint supplier (like a NAPA store) and have them match it. I used a DuPont product then later Sherwin Williams, both Acrylic enamels. Some suppliers can supply in rattle bomb cans. If you still have trouble, I’ll see if I can dig out the paint code we used.

While you’re at the parts store, get a small spool of stainless wire. Your turbo cover is missing the tie wire!!

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

I have a large piece of paint chip I can take to a local automotive paint supplier. Yes, I saw the cover missing the wire. I have plenty of stainless welding wire on hand. I need to remove the heat shield off the first elbow as I believe there may be an exhaust leak under there. Pipe feels solid but when I start it up, there is a quick poof of smoke

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312