You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach 1511 1/2 bath Toilet

Just curious if anyone has any help for me.  My front 1/2 bath toilet is not flushing.  This is what is going on - 
1.  When press flush button the system makes a sound for 1 second and shuts off
2.  Had a tech look at it briefly and he stated - 
"It appears that the electric water control valve in the bay does not open all the way to allow enough water to create the pressure for it to flush. Also the 120 volt water pump will only run up to 50 lbs of pressure and the manual calls for 65. It also drops to 25 lbs before kicking in again."
Any ideas?  The rear works just fine btw.
Thanks - Brian

Brian & Andrea Wasserman
2015 Newell 2020P
Coach #1511 - “God Speed”
2020 Jeep Wranger Toad

Looks like the tech may be confusing air pressure and water pressure. Optimal water pressure is 35 psi per the manual but 20-50 psi is suitable water pressure. http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/docs...ushGBH.pdf

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

If you have the same as mine, Headhunter.  If it’s been working and now isn’t. First, is it flushing?  Water going down? If no, then place a plunger over opening to seal it and hit the flush button a couple times. Then see if it works proper. If not it could be the adder valve malfunctioning. Also, theirs a timer knob on them (white stem) that adjust the water flow time cycle. Call Newell service and they’ll have a plumbing tech walk you through several steps.

Dale
2013 Newell #1472

The toilet needs 65 psi of water pressure to operate properly.  Have you tried using your aux 12 volt water pump?  The HH pmp should deliver a constant 65 psi.  I've been told never to use a plunger on these toilets could damage the flapper valve, so I've been told.

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Thanks everyone - I will certainly be on with Newell today to discuss.  Will def try the back up 12v water pump and see if that helps resolve it.
No it does not flush - just a winning sound when hit the button and then nothing happens.
Once I get it resolved I will report back so we have it documented for the next owner.
Regards - Brian

I was also told that my main 120V pump needs a replacement circuit card (installed on the top) and that should reset the pressure problem.  The tech said its working but the card/board needs replacing (he just didn't have the right one to do it on the spot)?
Brian

Brian & Andrea Wasserman
2015 Newell 2020P
2020 Jeep Wranger Toad

Brian,

You have a headhunter pump? What does the gauge say in the water bay? The pressure switch is separate from the circuit board on the HH. I don’t think the pump would even work if the circuit board was bad.

Bill

I did a quick internet search and folks with the newer royal flush HH toilets have had similar issues when the sediment filter near toilet gets gunked up.

Can you advise if you have Royal flush?

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Yes a Headhunter pump.

Just spoke to Newell service and they told me that gauge can be incorrect. Also stated that my rear toilet would not work unless pressure was at or over 60 - but it does still work.

They think its the screen in the valve in the water bay area - I need to remove it and clean it and see how that helps.

I will follow up with the link and group once we get it running so we can keep the knowledge documented.

Thanks - Brian

Brian & Andrea Wasserman
2015 Newell 2020P
2020 Jeep Wranger Toad